how much is this supra worth to you??

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
Im thinking of buying this car although a price is unknown..it has to be worked out..car is as fallows...1989 supra turbo automatic with a targa top..car is white with minor body damage..maybe 500$ worth at a shop..has blue cloth insides in fairly good shape...has 102000 miles but has been parked in a garage for 6 years...needs 4 new tires, new exhaust and a tune up and now possibly a head gasket but not sure yet havent been able to look into it that much...knowing all this what would you say is a good price for me to buy this car for...car is 100% stock....please help me ..thanks

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
i was hoping you would say 1000...lol cuz im the buyer not the seller...well i will say someone purchased the car for 2000 and found out the headgasket was bad..or something of that nature...so im hoping like 1000-1500 will get him to hand over the keys knowing that..anything i should be worried about on a car with that milage that sat for so long?

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
lol, if that guy's a noob, try to pretend that supra has clearly visable BHG, rod knock or so ever, maybe he'll buy it and hand over the keys :D

P.S. Dont listen to me and dont trick peaple LoL :D

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
1500 w/ the body damage you listed, or less. Possible BHG? Drop it under 1k.

I bought my car w/ rod knock for $1300 w/ rims/tires, MHG, arp hardware, a stack of receipts for over 3k in work, full 3" bliz nurspec exhaust, and a aftermarket clutch/aluminum flywheel.

A92Supra4Life

Banned
Oct 27, 2005
Madison Heights
Well... tell the guy it can possibly get rod knock, BHG.. plus the miles... I'd say don't pay more then $1000-1200? Just my 2 cents.

I picked the last one up for $1100, PERFECT body, needs paint. 80k on motor 110k on chassis. MINT interior.

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
ok..here is my next ? if i purchase this car would it make any sence to just buy a motor and get it installed rather then worry about the head gasket..and the fact that the turbo has 100k on it and it sat unstarted for 6 years? If i were to buy an engine..they all seem to be JDM motors..what would have to be done for it to fit...can i just pop it in and hook up the connectors and im done ..or is there wiring and other stuff involved?

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
TheRemedy said:
ok..here is my next ? if i purchase this car would it make any sence to just buy a motor and get it installed rather then worry about the head gasket..and the fact that the turbo has 100k on it and it sat unstarted for 6 years? If i were to buy an engine..they all seem to be JDM motors..what would have to be done for it to fit...can i just pop it in and hook up the connectors and im done ..or is there wiring and other stuff involved?

Well the thing about "jdm" motors is you dont know the history. They could have been run low on oil it whole life, or have a BHG.

I say you rebuild the one you have and make it like new!

TheRemedy

Sweeping the Streets
Nov 7, 2006
PA
well i talked to the seller..im getting the car for 1200$...but its gonna sit all winter and i will start to work on in come spring...i know the car needs a turbo..i found a company in Cali that will rebuild it for 320$...like i said it also needs a head gasket..donno the pric that will cost to fix...but does anyone have anything else i should get looked at or takin care of in this process cuz im probably gonna order everything this winter....

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Just make sure the headgasket is done right or it will come back to haunt you.

::bhg::

BTW what body work needs to be done I wouldnt pay more then a grand for a car that needs body and mechincal work done.

I

itr206

honestly with what you typed above. I would give no more then a few hundred bucks for it.