How much hk/torque can stock vvti internals handle ? weaker rods compare to 1jz gte ?

kim andre

May 31, 2013
Kristiansund N
My engine is 1jz vvti
Is it correct that the 1jz vvti turbo engine has thinner rods than the 1jzgte ?
Like you se on the picture:

http://www.google.no/imgres?imgurl=...j8CoUb-xO8XL4ATDxoDoAg&ved=0CEoQ9QEwBA&dur=92

Or is this vvti non turbo engine rods. ?

I have now 500hk and 550Torque in the engine, but want more, the engine is mapped to 1.5bar. I feel that I want some more hk to drift my rx7 proberly.
Will i blow the engine if I go up to 550hk + and 600NM Torque + ?

And have anybody here tuned 1jz vvti engine with Vipec V44/V88 ?

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
that doesn't say anything about non-turbo to turbo, if I were you I'd play around on the dyno until I figured out the efficiency as long as your not at your max it won't hurt. Not to mention 500hp for drifting should be good enough it's about the balance of the car not the power.

kim andre

May 31, 2013
Kristiansund N
Sounds good! than we can play with some more power. of course 500hk is ok to drift with, but when you se Pro drift cars with 6-7-800hk they smoke some more :) they can use a gear higher, when I play around in 3gear they use 4.

what is the mots power and torque people take out of stock internals on the 1jzvvti engine ? what is the limit for the piston an rods ?

I drive e85 and Vipec V44. Injector dynamics 1000cc and 2 fuel pump, and a turbo that can handle 550-600hk on normal fuel, aftermarked manifold and intake.

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
kim andre;1942695 said:
Sounds good! than we can play with some more power. of course 500hk is ok to drift with, but when you se Pro drift cars with 6-7-800hk they smoke some more :) they can use a gear higher, when I play around in 3gear they use 4.

what is the mots power and torque people take out of stock internals on the 1jzvvti engine ? what is the limit for the piston an rods ?

I drive e85 and Vipec V44. Injector dynamics 1000cc and 2 fuel pump, and a turbo that can handle 550-600hk on normal fuel, aftermarked manifold and intake.
It should handle your power goals just fine depending on your tune.

kim andre;1942816 said:
1 more question, If I want to purchase new piston/rods, I can just purchase from 1jz gte?
Factory VVTi pistons have higher compression but the rods and crank are the same.

NecroCyde;1943414 said:
I believe so! Everything block down should be the same.
Incorrect. The block is radically different from cooling jackets to the oil galley used for the VVTi OCV.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
The block itself didn't really change too much, the only significant difference is the port where the oil pressure sender went into became larger to feed the VVTi OCV. There are no different oil galleys in the block, and VVT-i and non-VVT-i blocks are in every other way 100% interchangeable. Same goes for VVT-i and non-VVT-i 2JZ blocks. In fact the block design actually changed before they added VVT-i, they just used an adapter for the oil pressure sender.

To say it is radically different would be more than a bit of a stretch in my opinion. Toyota uses the newest block for all replacements, VVT-i or not.

Jeff