How much for a 2jz 6speed?

Orangeracer

SUPRA LOVER
Sep 12, 2008
Harford County, MD
I mean how much would it cost to buy all the parts. and a front clip. i found a whole front clips from around 6k. seems high. but i was planning on studding the head and new rings and bearings. and flywheel clutch and all.

My question is how much is an estamate on the whole swap. to get the mark4 drive line.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
a new one from toyota is 4500 i think... but no point imho, i would rather throw in a badass th400 or powerglide.. but that is drag racing ;)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The major question here is, why do you want the 6speed? Both the MKIII, MKIV NA and SC300 rear gears are too high to use with such a short ratio transmission, first will be absolutely useless, like a 10mph gear.

Personally, I would do the (I can't believe I am saying this) aristo motorset. Swap the oil pans to a rear sump pan, extend the harness and mate it to the body harness, disable the neutral safety switch, use a 1jz-gte bellhousing and flywheel with a MKIII turbo transmission and ride out the stock JDM twins for as long as they last.

tlo86;1131904 said:
a new one from toyota is 4500 i think... but no point imho, i would rather throw in a badass th400 or powerglide.. but that is drag racing ;)
Why such a large auto? A th350 will suit most of everyones needs on this board, (including duane if he chooses to go auto). Either in this project, down the line or my next will be a JZ motor mated to a th350 with a 69.5mm+ snail.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
foreverpsycotic;1131912 said:
The major question here is, why do you want the 6speed? Both the MKIII, MKIV NA and SC300 rear gears are too high to use with such a short ratio transmission, first will be absolutely useless, like a 10mph gear.

Personally, I would do the (I can't believe I am saying this) aristo motorset. Swap the oil pans to a rear sump pan, extend the harness and mate it to the body harness, disable the neutral safety switch, use a 1jz-gte bellhousing and flywheel with a MKIII turbo transmission and ride out the stock JDM twins for as long as they last.

ive had amazing luck with the aristo twins, much better than the mkiv twins

the sc300 i did cost 3700 to go 2jzgte and my car cost around 8000 with the single turbo and conversion to 5 speed

Orangeracer

SUPRA LOVER
Sep 12, 2008
Harford County, MD
well what about a 5speed that was behind the 2jz?
I saw that there is alot of them on ebay,, where do you guys like to buy them? Where have you guys boughtn your engines from?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Orangeracer;1131918 said:
I saw that there is alot of them on ebay,, where do you guys like to buy them? Where have you guys boughtn your engines from?

i have had great luck with japanmotorimport.com with 2jz's

W58s are the weaker transmission, its worked for a year now with easy going driving on the sc300 i did (new oem ebay clutch) i got the r154 for 350$ i think... the bellhousing and flywheel and clutch came to about 900$ w/ all the misc pieces new

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Orangeracer;1131918 said:

I had a beautiful experiance with JHot Importers.

Orangeracer

SUPRA LOVER
Sep 12, 2008
Harford County, MD
tlo86;1131920 said:
i have had great luck with japanmotorimport.com with 2jz's

W58s are the weaker transmission, its worked for a year now with easy going driving on the sc300 i did (new oem ebay clutch) i got the r154 for 350$ i think... the bellhousing and flywheel and clutch came to about 900$ w/ all the misc pieces new

so the mark 4 tranns are weaker then mark 3 trans?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
The NA transmissions in eather generation can hold about the same amount of power and abuse. The R154 (MKIII turbo 5 speed) has been proven to handle over 800whp, and the v160(MKIV turbo 6 speed) has been proven to handle over 1000whp.

With the v160 you will also run into many more problems. You need to bash in the transmission tunnel, hack up the center console (it will sit ~2 inches behind the shifter location in the MKIII). Not to mention that the rear end of a MKIV is has a ~3.17:1 gear ratio, and the lowest the MKIII has is a 3.73 (factory option wise). Don't forget the custom driveshaft.

It is an easier and more economically viable option to go with the r154.

Orangeracer

SUPRA LOVER
Sep 12, 2008
Harford County, MD
that being said that is making my 2jz swap more and more do able.

Does anyone make a wireing harness to convert the 7mgte to a 2jzgte? or will the stock harness work? in 87?. how difficult is the wiring is there wiring diagrams on line somewere..?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Orangeracer;1132246 said:
that being said that is making my 2jz swap more and more do able.

Does anyone make a wireing harness to convert the 7mgte to a 2jzgte? or will the stock harness work? in 87?. how difficult is the wiring is there wiring diagrams on line somewere..?

Dr tweak will convert your harness for you. drtweak@phoenixtuning.com (coincidentally from http://www.phoenixtuning.com/ :biglaugh:)
(save a little $$ and mention me tlo86 )

foreverpsycotic;1131912 said:
Why such a large auto? A th350 will suit most of everyones needs on this board, (including duane if he chooses to go auto). Either in this project, down the line or my next will be a JZ motor mated to a th350 with a 69.5mm+ snail.

yeah a 350 wouldn't be too shabby either ;) i have seen plenty of people use it with good success... jolirogr's truck and the silver supra on pinks (sorry dude forgot your name :) ) i'll prolly get one too

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
tlo86;1132268 said:
Dr tweak will convert your harness for you. drtweak@phoenixtuning.com (coincidentally from http://www.phoenixtuning.com/ :biglaugh:)
(save a little $$ and mention me tlo86 )

yeah a 350 wouldn't be too shabby either ;) i have seen plenty of people use it with good success... jolirogr's truck and the silver supra on pinks (sorry dude forgot your name :) ) i'll prolly get one too

Damn you for getting that out before me, I was going to tell him to mention my name. You pack up a box with your 2jz harness and stock harness, he ships you one back with a turnaround time of around 2-3 weeks.

I want to build a copy of jolirogr's truck, only with an r154 JZ, t70 and the ability to be street driven (4" exhaust out the fender does not make it street friendly). With all that ground clearance, I have an idea on how to make a 4" exhaust that will allow it to pass emissions, flow better than a 3" and be insainly quiet. :) 2 cats, 2 mufflers, 2 90* bendsand around 4' of strait pipe. If I can find a truck at the right price and in the right condition, I would pull the setup out of my supra in a heartbeat. Rofflpwning people in a toyota truck = win.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
foreverpsycotic;1132356 said:
Damn you for getting that out before me, I was going to tell him to mention my name. You pack up a box with your 2jz harness and stock harness, he ships you one back with a turnaround time of around 2-3 weeks.

I want to build a copy of jolirogr's truck, only with an r154 JZ, t70 and the ability to be street driven (4" exhaust out the fender does not make it street friendly). With all that ground clearance, I have an idea on how to make a 4" exhaust that will allow it to pass emissions, flow better than a 3" and be insainly quiet. :) 2 cats, 2 mufflers, 2 90* bendsand around 4' of strait pipe. If I can find a truck at the right price and in the right condition, I would pull the setup out of my supra in a heartbeat. Rofflpwning people in a toyota truck = win.

already have a truck for mine :evil2:

Orangeracer

SUPRA LOVER
Sep 12, 2008
Harford County, MD
p1132589_1.jpg

I have a yota with a 4.1gm with a built th350. its for sale. only 1k. i also have a tow rig for my supras. His name is Boosty. im running 40psi
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/orangeracer/?action=view&current=MOV03662-1.flv