how difficult is it to replace 1jz starter?

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
How long does it take to replace 1 jz starter? did anyone do it before? Also, do i need to replace the solenoid too, or just the motor if the car just clicks and will not start.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
9 times out of 10 when you buy a replacement starter it will come with motor and solenoid. i'd just replace it all. why not?

starter isn't hard at all. on my 7M it took me about an hour and that was doing ALL the work from the top, which was a PITA!!!

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
well if you get a starter from toyota, pepboys, advanced auto, car quest your going to get the whole starter as a unit not little pieces that have to be put together its two 14mm bolts on the tranny housing then unclip the wiring harness.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
A lil OT, but where can I get a 1jz starter? Interchangeable to anything?

Mine is doing the same thing. It just clicks over and over then eventually starts. It's pretty annoying.

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
I got a 7M starter on mine. Works great and is basically just bolt on except u need a bolt and nut for the top hole it bolts on

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Thanks guys. very helpfull. I spent the whole day trying to start the car yesterday. 12 hours later it started, it was 12.30 am ofcourse but at least something. Now it starts fine again. Also, it was giving me engine code 12 last night.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
What year SC, I know it sounds stupid, but I'm just wanting to make sure. I just had my solenoid replaced and it is still acting up, so I'm going to just replace the whole thing, even though I was told all I needed was the solenoid.