How critical are bent auto-trans cooler lines..

LoveMySupra

Aug 3, 2008
Socal - USA
First off.. Sorry i don't have time to search. Second my phone makes searching even harder... So...
Thanks in advance!
I forgot to remove my auto trans cooler lines before pulling my engine/trans. A trip to 2 pick-a-parts yielded no results but wasted time, effort, and dollars...
I know I can bend the lines back but I fear the lines will restrict flow.
How critical is using cooler lines that have been bent out of wack and then bent back//

LoveMySupra

Aug 3, 2008
Socal - USA
I figured they could break off from too much bending but leaking hadn't crossed my mind.
Wikipedia gives a list of all the vehicles that use the same transmission but after my first look under another car i figured out they aren't going to be the same. I saw that one had really short metal lines and really long rubber hoses. Would that be an option until i can find a set at a pick-a-park// Would the turbo make it too hot to route rubber lines around the exhaust//

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You could always get a line bending tool (~$15) and a few compression fittings and make new pieces to splice in. You can buy steel line at the auto parts store. I'm not sure if the stock lines are 3/8" exactly though, they might be a metric size and be too difficult to get compression fittings for. You'd have to measure them with a set of calipers. Any good auto parts store should have a set there to measure the old line with.

LoveMySupra

Aug 3, 2008
Socal - USA
Splice in//
so, the compression fitting aren't the ends that screw but a piece that attatches two into one//
Again, thanks for all the help!

LoveMySupra

Aug 3, 2008
Socal - USA
Does anyone know where a diagram or picture of how the automatic transmission cooler lines run in the engine compartment?
Since I bent them forgetting to unhook them I don't want to bend these ones trying to figure out where they go. A picture would be very appreciated if anyone has one.
I couldn't find a picture or anything in the tsrm or my chilton manual. I screwed them into the transmission with the engine/transmission on the hoist. I zip tied it and took a few pics trying to mock something up. Do they run under or above the single power steering steel line? Anyone know? Sorry guys, I'm asking lot. Thanks! Happy 4th!