how can someone do this to child

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Skam9685;1037890 said:
One day he will shoot up or blow up a school. Lashing out on those that humiliate him.

If they vote him out of class when he's sixteen.....maybe, but not at five. He'll forget all about it by the time it's snack time. Where's my milk and cookies bitch, uh I mean teacher?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Skam9685;1037890 said:
One day he will shoot up or blow up a school. Lashing out on those that humiliate him.

I have been riduculed my entire life in primary schools, never have I lashed out on everyone that made fun of me, nor threatned to. There are only 2 times that I lashed out on those that made fun of me, and both times were wrong on my part.

In my early years of schooling, I was placed in a special class due to my ADHD, it did me better to be in that environment than in the classroom all the time. I was perscribed Ritalin in the 2nd grade and kept taking it untill 7th grade, because I was getting in trouble frequently. There are ways to deal with issues other than getting sue happy and coddling the kid.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Most people who know me will tell you I'm a pretty cold and calloused guy when it really comes down to it.

And I've got to say that some of you people are making me feel like a fucking humanitarian.

And if a child is being disruptive and interfering with other children's ability to learn, you can, and should, remove him from the class.

But public humiliation at the hands of his peers? Turning a room full of children into a jeering lynch mob?

This child is five. Not ten. Not fifteen. He's five, and possibly has mental problems as well? Have you ever talked to, or dealt with a five year old? They aren't paragons of reason and emotional stability.

http://www.nncc.org/Child.Dev/ages.stages.5y.html

Jesus fucking christ people. Public humiliation isn't a tool for disciplining a 5 year old. What's the lesson being taught here? That democracy is fucked up? That you can vote to not put up with people you don't like? A lynch mob is a good thing?

There's a damned good chance this kid is going to carry the scars of this around for the rest of his life. Maybe it won't affect him much. Maybe it will drive him to be the next Bill Gates or Steve forbes. Or maybe he'll be the star in the next school shooting. Who knows?

What I do know is that just as there is no moral or ethical way that you can justify doing this to to a child. Especially a five year old who isn't even fully emotionally or mentally formed yet.

It's a sad, sad day when some mean son of a bitch like me calls you an inhuman fuckhead. If you excuse someone doing this to a child, you make me sick. Take a look in the mirror, there's a monster in this thread, and for once it isn't me...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
So you're saying it's o.k. to ridicule someone as long as he's not five? Where do you stop the age of ridicule? You can't get into an argument on here without trying to ridicule someone. It's not enough to prove your point is right whenever someone disagrees with you, but you go out of your way to ridicule them and call them childish or fuckheads. I feel I'm just as entitled to my opinion of this as you are. I dont' think the kid will hold this as a scar for the rest of his life. The brain tends to forget things it wants too, or he can choose to remember it forever. Either way, I doubt it ruins his life. Should we as a democracy, only vote on things that aren't going to hurt peoples feelings? There's no way to win an argument against you, because you're smarter than the average bear, but your'ne not the only one with an opinion. I'm sure you was on your highschool debate team and if you weren't you missed your calling. I go out of my way to avoid arguments, but I disagree with you on this one. It's not like they stood him in a corner and throwed tomatoes at him. They made him go to another classroom.........is that so bad?

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Supracentral;1038010 said:
But public humiliation at the hands of his peers? Turning a room full of children into a jeering lynch mob?

I'm pretty sure I've got my public humiliation coming............:biglaugh:

When Aaron disagreed with you about guns, you couldn't say you disagree with him. You had to call him a child, because he didn't have the same beliefs you did. Is that right? Can someone not disagree with you without them being childish and inhuman? Maybe we just see things differently, but I doubt you're right 100% of the time. I'm also pretty sure you're right most of the time, but I see no right or wrong way in the way she handled this. She did what she thought was best for 16 other kids.........why should one kid fuck up sixteen more? When we have problem kids or adults on here, you ban them. I guess that's what she should have did, so as not to publicly humiliate them, but isn't that what our Hall of Shame threads are for.......to laugh at others who have done stupid things like trying to disrupt Supramania? O.K., I'm ready for my beatings now.............this is going to leave a mark I know.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
suprahero;1038047 said:
When Aaron disagreed with you about guns, you couldn't say you disagree with him. You had to call him a child, because he didn't have the same beliefs you did.

No, that is not what happened. I called his argument childish and unrealistic.

There's a distinct difference. If you're going to be this sloppy, this is going to get ugly...

suprahero;1038038 said:
So you're saying it's o.k. to ridicule someone as long as he's not five? Where do you stop the age of ridicule? You can't get into an argument on here without trying to ridicule someone. It's not enough to prove your point is right whenever someone disagrees with you, but you go out of your way to ridicule them and call them childish or fuckheads.

So you're saying that the ridicule of the five year old is acceptable, however my ridicule of your heartless reaction should be silenced since it hurts your adult feelings? Perhaps the five year old isn't the only one who isn't well equipped to handle ridicule....

suprahero;1038038 said:
I feel I'm just as entitled to my opinion of this as you are.

And you've had equal opportunity to post your opinion. I didn't delete your post. I didn't use moderation powers to silence or penalize you for it. I simply posted that it is my opinion that you're barbaric for attempting to justify treating a five year old like this.

suprahero;1038038 said:
I dont' think the kid will hold this as a scar for the rest of his life. The brain tends to forget things it wants too, or he can choose to remember it forever. Either way, I doubt it ruins his life.

I said I thought there was a "good chance" it might have lasting effects. You don't think it will. Difference of opinion. So what?

suprahero;1038038 said:
Should we as a democracy, only vote on things that aren't going to hurt peoples feelings?

First of all, we're not a democracy, we're a Constitutional Republic. I just wanted to get that little piece of ignorance out of the way. As such, what we are allowed to vote on is limited. There are certain rights and freedoms you can't vote away. There are certain actions you can't vote for, no matter how overwhelming the majority.

With that said, how we elect a govenrment has nothing to do with this discussion. What you are doing is building a straw man argument. What you've done is describe a position that superficially resembles my actual view (but is not my view), but is is one that is easier for you to refute since it's somewhat absurd. If you have to misrepresent my position to argue against it, or to make yours look better, something is wrong here.

suprahero;1038038 said:
There's no way to win an argument against you, because you're smarter than the average bear, but your not the only one with an opinion. I'm sure you was on your highschool debate team and if you weren't you missed your calling.

And this has what to do with the topic at hand? Winning an argument against me is easy. Prove my position wrong. In this case I think you're going to be hard pressed to come up with a moral or ethical defense for publicly humiliating and ostracizing a five year old child. If you can't argue the actual positions, spare me the rhetoric.

suprahero;1038038 said:
I go out of my way to avoid arguments, but I disagree with you on this one.

So your stated position is that it is moral, ethical and right to use humiliation as a tool of discipline with a five year old? Ok, good for you. Personally I find it reprehensible.

suprahero;1038038 said:
It's not like they stood him in a corner and throwed tomatoes at him. They made him go to another classroom.........is that so bad?

There's a difference between a teacher, or duly appointed authority handing out discipline, and encouraging a group of children to vote Billy off the island in a Lord of the Fliesesqe mock trial.

I'll give you an example. If I'm managing an employee and he screws up, I don't walk up to him in front of his co-workers and ridicule him. I take him behind closed doors and discuss the problem.

The reason? He needs to work with these people going forward. He needs to be able to maintain some self respect, and not to be undermined.

What the teacher has done in this case is ostracized a young child who doesn't have the emotional armor to withstand that sort of treatment. This is a young child. He has no choices. He's stuck, facing a room full of people who have, as a mob, called him "disgusting" and "annoying".

Look at you. You're an adult and because I dared to call you out on your judgmental bullshit, you're bent out of shape with me. How's a five year old supposed to accept it from all of his peers at once?

Mob mentality is a dangerous thing. I'll guarantee you that none of those kids feel they could be his friend now, because they would get ridiculed by the mob as well. There's extensive study out there on the behavior of crowds and the mob mentality. You should probably go read up on it.

I can cite a couple of dozen sources that will state that using humiliation against a child is a destructive form of discipline.

Can you find me a few reputable child psychologists that state that public humiliation is a preferred, valid and valuable tool for disciplining young children?

I consider this emotional brutality against a small child, and there's considerable evidence to back that position.

Forgive me if I find the support of that brutality a bit reprehensible.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Maybe it was just me, but if I acted out in public, I would get spanked in public. If I acted out at home, I was spanked at home. Humiliation is one of the best forms of dicipline IMO, it leaves a lasting impression on the person, and next time they try and act out they will think of that and remember the consiquences. I kind of long for the days where people were emotionally tougher, not whiney snot nosed brats. "I am going to tell your father when he gets home!" instilled more fear than the police when I was younger, maybe that is what we need in this society. To make the next generation stronger emotionally, not emo kids.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
foreverpsycotic;1038085 said:
Maybe it was just me, but if I acted out in public, I would get spanked in public. If I acted out at home, I was spanked at home. Humiliation is one of the best forms of dicipline IMO, it leaves a lasting impression on the person, and next time they try and act out they will think of that and remember the consiquences. I kind of long for the days where people were emotionally tougher, not whiney snot nosed brats. "I am going to tell your father when he gets home!" instilled more fear than the police when I was younger, maybe that is what we need in this society. To make the next generation stronger emotionally, not emo kids.

Were you ever spanked or beaten by a crowd of your peers?

I've never been one of these warm fuzzy parents who believes in time outs, play dates and giving your kid a PDA. This isn't about parenting.

This is not about disciplining a child in public.

This is about a teacher inciting a group of children to ostracize and malign a small child.

Can you see the difference?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I can see a difference, and I will end it here.

For the record, I have been pushed around by a group of my peers, as well as ostracized by them.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I know this took forever, but I can't copy and paste as well as you computer literates can.

Supracentral;1038054 said:
So you're saying that the ridicule of the five year old is acceptable, however my ridicule of your heartless reaction should be silenced since it hurts your adult feelings? Perhaps the five year old isn't the only one who isn't well equipped to handle ridicule....

How do you even know he felt ridiculed. The paper doesn't say how the kid felt. Maybe that was his whole intent when acting up after being told not too. As far as being heartless, I've got more heart than you'll ever have, and I think your giving yourself too much credit when you think you've hurt my feelings. If I really cared what everyone thought about me, maybe it would be different. I'm a good person wheter you like me or not. So what if I think a five year old should be punished. Maybe we should let him do whatever the hell he wants too, and too hell with rules, laws and authority. That seems to be what you want..........
And you've had equal opportunity to post your opinion. I didn't delete your post. I didn't use moderation powers to silence or penalize you for it. I simply posted that it is my opinion that you're barbaric for attempting to justify treating a five year old like this.

I never thought you would delete it. I feel you were baiting someone in and I fell for it. I'm only argueing with you because I know you love it. You need a good battle every now and then and I drew the short straw this time.........:icon_bigg
First of all, we're not a democracy, we're a Constitutional Republic. I just wanted to get that little piece of ignorance out of the way. As such, what we are allowed to vote on is limited.

Can't argue my ignorance with that one. I had to google it to make sure but it seems you're right once again. I googled to see what a constitutional republic is, and it didn't have an answer for me, so I choose not to argue this point with you. I bet some kid was acting up in class the day this was taught in elementarty class and I didn't hear what it was...............just kidding.

With that said, how we elect a govenrment has nothing to do with this discussion. What you are doing is building a straw man argument. What you've done is describe a position that superficially resembles my actual view (but is not my view), but is is one that is easier for you to refute since it's somewhat absurd. If you have to misrepresent my position to argue against it, or to make yours look better, something is wrong here.

I don't know what position I described that is superficial etc..........I didn't try and misrepresent your position, all I did was ask you a question about when is it o.k. to start ridiculing people. You have to have an answer, because it's not o.k. to ridicule five year olds, but it is o.k. to ridicule adults. When are they fair game for you?

So your stated position is that it is moral, ethical and right to use humiliation as a tool of discipline with a five year old? Ok, good for you. Personally I find it reprehensible.

So your stated position is that it is moral, ethical and right to use humiliation as a tool of discipline with anybody? Ok, good for you. Personally I find it reprehensible.
I'll give you an example. If I'm managing an employee and he screws up, I don't walk up to him in front of his co-workers and ridicule him. I take him behind closed doors and discuss the problem.

The reason? He needs to work with these people going forward. He needs to be able to maintain some self respect, and not to be undermined.

I own a small business and I agree with you 100%. I don't try to embarass or ridicule anyone at anytime, and I would never say anything to an employee in front of another. I also happen to know that I would fire anyone that insists on starting trouble for other employees to the point that they can't get their job done. The teacher chose not to handle it this way. I don't think the childs life has ended because he got embarrased (if he did) one time when he was five. If so, everybody that wet their pants as a kid would have no reason for living. They should all grow up and go on killing sprees. I know that's farfetched, but I don't buy for one second that this will be the basis for the rest of his life.

What the teacher has done in this case is ostracized a young child who doesn't have the emotional armor to withstand that sort of treatment. This is a young child. He has no choices. He's stuck, facing a room full of people who have, as a mob, called him "disgusting" and "annoying".

Do the other kids have the emotional armor it takes to withstand his constant outbursts in class? They are also youg children with no choices, stuck in a room with a rebellious five year old, that insists on doing his own thing no matter what the teacher has asked him to do. He should get a freaking metal or something for being so special.
Look at you. You're an adult and because I dared to call you out on your judgmental bullshit, you're bent out of shape with me. How's a five year old supposed to accept it from all of his peers at once?

My opinion is not judgemental bullshit. You're the only one in here calling names, so who's being judgemental. Just because my opinion is different than yours, I'm an inhuman moron with barbaric beliefs...........
Bent out of shape? Not in the least. I find it very amusing that someone as old as you can get so worked up over the internet everytime someone happens to have an opinion different than yours. My religious beliefs are different than yours, but I don't find you ignorant because of it. I don't own a gun, but I don't find you moronic because you do. I don't have a stripper pole in my house, but I don't envy you beca.......o.k. I'll give you that one.
Mob mentality is a dangerous thing. I'll guarantee you that none of those kids feel they could be his friend now, because they would get ridiculed by the mob as well. There's extensive study out there on the behavior of crowds and the mob mentality. You should probably go read up on it.

I have no idea what a five year old is thinking, and I wasn't aware that you did. Why would I want to read up on mob mentality. I don't plan on being set upon by a mob anytime soon, and I dont' plan on being part of any mob anytime soon.
I can cite a couple of dozen sources that will state that using humiliation against a child is a destructive form of discipline.

Can you find me a few reputable child psychologists that state that public humiliation is a preferred, valid and valuable tool for disciplining young children?

I consider this emotional brutality against a small child, and there's considerable evidence to back that position.

Forgive me if I find the support of that brutality a bit reprehensible.

I ask you again when does it become a constructive form of discipline for adults since you like to use it in all of your arguments. Are you trying to help these adults are humiliate them? Does it make you feel better about yourself? It makes you look weak in my eyes when you have to make someone else look bad to prove your point. You can't state your opinion without taking it to extremes. If that's what you have to do to be able to sleep at night then I'm glad I could help. I"m sure you'll sleep like a baby tonight after this.
I don't believe it's o.k. to ridicule anyone at any age. I also don't believe in letting one child ruin it for sixteen others either. I think what the teacher did could have been handled differently, but it wasn't. Do I feel she should lose her job.......no. Do I feel the mother of the child should be paid an outrageous amount of money because she refuses to teach her kid to mind his teacher.........hell no.
As for your rebuttal to this, I'll just have to answer like yes or no, because this has taken me way too long to type, copy, and paste. I also have work to do. Be gentle.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States

You can't really guarantee that. I was raised to accept people for who they are and I was friends w/ everyone in my graduating class. I don't remember anything exactly like this happening, but I'm sure something happened along these lines where a kid was called out in a similar fasion as this. I was captain of the football team, prom king, all of that BS, and I was never too good to hang out w/ a kid because he crapped his pants in 4th grade or something.

This is all about parenting and exscuses, IMO. All these messed up people in the world now a days... obesity, laziness, stupidity, w/e... they're just finding out that now it's glandular/neurological... I'm not buying it. And if they are real? Crutches for reasons people don't have to do anything about them.

*edit*
Jay, i agree the kid should have been booted. I don't want my sons education being compromised because some kid thinks that school is a joke. My son will know what respect is and know to respect the teachers, his classmates, and everyone else.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
suprahero;1038126 said:
How do you even know he felt ridiculed. The paper doesn't say how the kid felt.

Barton said after the vote, Portillo asked Alex how he felt.

"He said, 'I feel sad,' " Barton said.

"He was shaken up," she said.

"He was incredibly upset," Barton said. "The only friend he has ever made in his life was forced to do this."

Thursday night, his mother heard him saying "I'm not special" over and over.

Alex hasn't been back to school since then, and Barton said he won't be returning. He starts screaming when she brings him with her to drop off his sibling at school.

-Sorry Suprahero... I can't agree that the article doesn't say how he felt.

-Touche' Grimjack, Touche'.

-Phsycology is a 65% science, because that's about how consistent people are.

----

I think we all fully agree that the child in question should not have been allowed to stay in the class to disrupt learning, that I agree with completely. I just don't see why it was necessary to crush the poor kid's self esteem.

Jay, you're a strong person. But can we say the same about a child who's developing a mentally debilitating disease? He should have been in a seperate class to begin with... as stated before, was the school equipped to deal with the child, was the teacher trained to deal with the child?

Apparently not...

The delegation of authority failed, umung many other things. Who gave authority for 5 year olds to call the shots in a government sanctioned classroom? The teacher is responsible for the classroom, the principal is responsible for the teachers, the super-intendant of the school board is responsible for the principals... and so forth. This isn't an episode of survivor... there's a hirarchy of authority for a reason, and a good reason. No where in there does a student have authority over another student in a classroom. IIRC, that's called a bully.

I do think that a lawsuit would be rediculous, as well as anyone benifiting financially from this mistake. But something can be learned from it.

Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
suprahero;1038126 said:
How do you even know he felt ridiculed. The paper doesn't say how the kid felt.

tiggaplease.jpg

Don't insult my intelligence please.

suprahero;1038126 said:
So what if I think a five year old should be punished. Maybe we should let him do whatever the hell he wants too, and too hell with rules, laws and authority. That seems to be what you want..........

I clearly stated his actions should have consequqences in my first post, and several other times throughout this thread. It's the method of punishment that is the question:

Supracentral;1038010 said:
And if a child is being disruptive and interfering with other children's ability to learn, you can, and should, remove him from the class.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I never thought you would delete it. I feel you were baiting someone in and I fell for it. I'm only argueing with you because I know you love it. You need a good battle every now and then and I drew the short straw this time.........:icon_bigg

I wasn't baiting. I'm honestly very disgusted by the attitudes I see here. If you're doing this to play devil's advocate, or to play resident troll, please give it up.

suprahero;1038126 said:
Can't argue my ignorance with that one. I had to google it to make sure but it seems you're right once again. I googled to see what a constitutional republic is, and it didn't have an answer for me, so I choose not to argue this point with you. I bet some kid was acting up in class the day this was taught in elementarty class and I didn't hear what it was...............just kidding.

A Constitutional Republic is the form of government practiced by the Untied States of America. We are not a Democracy. Not only did our Founding Fathers establish a republic, they greatly feared democracy. James Madison, known as the father of the U.S. Constitution, wrote in "Essay #10" of The Federalist Papers: "... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."

Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner is a democracy. This is a completely separate topic, but please stay out of politics until you at least educate yourself as to what system of government you live under.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I don't know what position I described that is superficial etc..........I didn't try and misrepresent your position, all I did was ask you a question about when is it o.k. to start ridiculing people. You have to have an answer, because it's not o.k. to ridicule five year olds, but it is o.k. to ridicule adults. When are they fair game for you?

Please don't play coy games with me. You're doing it again. I never stated public ridicule was an accepted disicpline method for adults. As a matter of fact I posted an example of how I do not use that method with subordinates at the office. You continue (and I'll point it out another example further down) to ascribe absurd postitions to me. This is an old game politicians play. You ever consider politics? You seem to be a natural liar.

suprahero;1038126 said:
So your stated position is that it is moral, ethical and right to use humiliation as a tool of discipline with anybody? Ok, good for you. Personally I find it reprehensible.

Once again. I never said that. Do you have a point or a position to defend? Or are you trolling?

suprahero;1038126 said:
I I don't buy for one second that this will be the basis for the rest of his life.

Please try to comprehend that this teacher is an agent of the government. This is not a parent. This is not a relative. This is not a close family friend. This is a stranger, using public humiliation and inciting a mob of children to gang up on, and belittle a child. I'm not debating that point with you further. If you find those act acceptable, I think you're pretty fucked up. It's your prerogative.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I Do the other kids have the emotional armor it takes to withstand his constant outbursts in class?

There's an adult in the room. This adult has a responsiblity and duty to protect all the children, not just one, not just the majority. All of them. If the child is disrupting the class, he should be removed, and disciplined via sane methods. Please stop this, this is becoming a joke.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I They are also youg children with no choices, stuck in a room with a rebellious five year old, that insists on doing his own thing no matter what the teacher has asked him to do. He should get a freaking metal or something for being so special.

This isn't Lord of the Flies. There is an adult present. The adult is responsible, the children are not.

suprahero;1038126 said:
My opinion is not judgemental bullshit. You're the only one in here calling names, so who's being judgemental. Just because my opinion is different than yours, I'm an inhuman moron with barbaric beliefs...

I would find that statment 100% accurate on all counts. I have difficulty maintaining civility with people who have immoral, unethical and inhuman positions from my perspective. It's a personality flaw. I know it. But it doesn't make your position any less barbaric.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I Bent out of shape? Not in the least. I find it very amusing that someone as old as you can get so worked up over the internet everytime someone happens to have an opinion different than yours.

Does the communications medium somehow modify the message or reduce the importance of the message? Is the Nazi party less responsible for it's hate if it does it on the internet? Is a threat to your life on the internet less serious than one on a phone call? Is a rapist less evil if he tracks down his victims via chat rooms? The medium is not the message. You're old enough to know that...

suprahero;1038126 said:
I My religious beliefs are different than yours, but I don't find you ignorant because of it. I don't own a gun, but I don't find you moronic because you do. I don't have a stripper pole in my house, but I don't envy you beca.......o.k. I'll give you that one.

Off topic. Non-sequiter. Simply adding your belief in mistreating a child to a list of other things doesn't make it any more or less acceptable to me. I'm sorry. I don't find your position socially, morally, or ethically acceptable at all. You're welcome to your religion, your lack of guns, your lack of poles, whatever.. Non of those things are advocating the mistreatment of a child. Children cannot defend themselves. Children cannot make decisions for themselves.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I I have no idea what a five year old is thinking, and I wasn't aware that you did. Why would I want to read up on mob mentality. I don't plan on being set upon by a mob anytime soon, and I dont' plan on being part of any mob anytime soon.

You're advocating the use of a mob as a tool to discipline children. You might at least want to have the decency to understand the tools you advocate.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I I ask you again when does it become a constructive form of discipline for adults since you like to use it in all of your arguments. Are you trying to help these adults are humiliate them? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

When I see something that's morally wrong. I say something about it. That's not humiliation. If you find your position "right", nothing I can say should humiliate you. Are you now ashamed of your statements? If not, how are you humiliated?

suprahero;1038126 said:
It makes you look weak in my eyes when you have to make someone else look bad to prove your point.

You'd have to earn my respect in order for me to care about your opinion of me.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I You can't state your opinion without taking it to extremes.

That sounds like an absolute statement. And absolute statements are a form of extremism. Pleased to meet you pot, my name is kettle. :D

suprahero;1038126 said:
I If that's what you have to do to be able to sleep at night then I'm glad I could help. I"m sure you'll sleep like a baby tonight after this.

Speaking out against what I believe as a moral wrong? Yea, let's me sleep like a baby.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I I don't believe it's o.k. to ridicule anyone at any age.

Unless the target is 5 years old and disrupting a class?

suprahero;1038126 said:
I I also don't believe in letting one child ruin it for sixteen others either.

Nor I. In my first post on this topic I stated he should have been removed from the class.

suprahero;1038126 said:
I think what the teacher did could have been handled differently, but it wasn't. Do I feel she should lose her job.......no.

I do. She's got no business working with children if she finds that sort of thing acceptable. I certainly wouldn't put my child in the hands of a creature like that. Would you?

suprahero;1038126 said:
I Do I feel the mother of the child should be paid an outrageous amount of money because she refuses to teach her kid to mind his teacher.........hell no.

Nor I. I don't defend our civil legal system. If you do a bit of searching you'll find I've written a good bit about the insany of our jury system, the damage that excessive punitive damage settlements do to society, and that uneducated jurors (like uneducated voters) are a danger to our way of life.

suprahero;1038126 said:
As for your rebuttal to this, I'll just have to answer like yes or no, because this has taken me way too long to type, copy, and paste. I also have work to do. Be gentle.

I'm done. I've stated my case, I feel it requires no further elaboration. However to build a concise conclusion:

I feel that using a group of children to vote against one of their peers for the purpose of publicly humiliating a five year old is reprehensible behavior. It's a dangerous precedent, and teaching these kids at an early age that might makes right and that the mob is correct is downright stupid, immoral, irresponsible and unethical. I've yet to hear a single argument that would sway that opinion.

With that said, I also feel that this child should be held accountable (as accountable as you can make a 5 year old) for his behavior. There are an almost infinite number of punishments that would be more effective and less damaging, not only to him, but all the children who were exposed to this deplorable incident.

And I still stand by my statement that I believe anyone who supports the aforementioned mess as a "good way to discipline a child" is a monster in my eyes. I hope for the sake of the unborn, that they don't reproduce until they learn how fucked up that position is.

I'm done with this.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Keros, all things reported by a mother that sees a chance for millions. Maybe I am naive, but it's just my opinion. Thanks for not calling me a moron to prove your point. Some people on here don't have that ability.

I knew I couldn't win an argument against you Mike, but that wasn't the goal. I only wanted to express my opinion on a subject that someone else brought up. Next time if you'll simply email me your opinion, I want have to post mine, since it is undoubtedly wrong. It would be alot easier on here if you'll post what I'm suppose to feel so I'll know. Life would be so much easier if we all thought alike, but we don't. I don't feel stupid for disagreeing with you, but I do feel stupid for getting baited into a verbal confrontation with you. I'm much better at handling things face to face.

I wish I could have so much contempt for the rest of the world as you do. It must be awesome to walk around knowing that everyone in this world is beneath you. I will never know what that feels like, but I'll get by somehow. Thanks for the enlightenment.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not upset at your opinions of me, just that you can't make them without trying to ridicule me or call me names. It's not condescenion, it's more like contempt.