How about Jacksonville peeps?

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
87nasupra;1155811 said:
Val: when can i come by and pick up those calipers? i'll be around town today so just let me know.

Hopw about 5 pm.....I have class until 4:30 so i can meet you at the house around then.....is that ok? If not i can do it after work tommorow as well!

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
ISE5150;1155808 said:
Drerok,
I'm gonna have to agree, I don't think the issue is water. Burning oil when coming off the highway I again agree it is more than likely turbo seals not maintaining pressure. As far as the back-firing, does the car hesitate when you're driving through town? You may be looking at plugs that are not burning the fuel in the chamber, moving past the turbo at +/- 2500 degree's may be causing the back-fire. May also concider why there is fuel loading up. I'd start with the plugs, wires, easy fix (also routine maintanence) then I would look at the pressure regulater. If it's loading up and back-firing it's gonna be fuel that isn't burning you just have to find out where and why. Good luck, Antz

yeah i think everything is leading to the turbo seals going out. it smells like burning oil..also i just regapped the plugs and i have NKG wires. it could be the regulator. there is also a gasoline smell every now and then. i think i need bigger hoses than what u have running to my oil catch can from the turbo inlet pipe and the valve covers. anyone have a catch can with bigger hose fittings on them?

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
drerok;1156649 said:
yeah i think everything is leading to the turbo seals going out. it smells like burning oil..also i just regapped the plugs and i have NKG wires. it could be the regulator. there is also a gasoline smell every now and then. i think i need bigger hoses than what u have running to my oil catch can from the turbo inlet pipe and the valve covers. anyone have a catch can with bigger hose fittings on them?

I have one....give me a call 514-2800

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I am feeling ENRAGED right about....NOW. Went to a movie tonight and i drove the Supra. I parked it, come out after the movie and started it up.......my birdcage light is on. Sure enough I have almost no water/coolant in my overflow. It was dark so i cannot be sure that it didn't leak out but recent troubles tell me that i have what we call a ::bhg:: Now i cannot express myself in words right now but to say that im pissed is an understatement. I will do a leakdown test tommorow at work and if it is blown, I will be having quite a garage sale shortly....because i will not rebuild the 7M. I refuse at this point.... :madfawk: Im pissed

vert88

Aug 31, 2006
jacksonville
sorry to hear about that bro, i hope that its not a bhg cause that would just put the 7m on a lower pedastle than what it is right now, let me know what you find out on your leak down test

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
the return hose from the heater core was leaking coolant down the firewall so I could not see it. I saw it yesterday morning when it I backed out and saw some pink fluid out by where my slave cylinder is......I just traced it up from there.....I just tightened down the clamp, so far so good! :biglaugh:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
black87turbo;1160486 said:
the return hose from the heater core was leaking coolant down the firewall so I could not see it. I saw it yesterday morning when it I backed out and saw some pink fluid out by where my slave cylinder is......I just traced it up from there.....I just tightened down the clamp, so far so good! :biglaugh:

What do i win? i was closest to the leak :icon_surp

Val: Stock OEM main bolts.....how much?

I can get ARP main studs but i would have to line bore the mains but i dont have quite enough dough for it. Brian @ tachyon told me i can use new stock bolts and just hone it and would be just as good.

Last edited:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
87nasupra;1161001 said:
What do i win? i was closest to the leak :icon_surp

Val: Stock OEM main bolts.....how much?

I can get ARP main studs but i would have to line bore the mains but i dont have quite enough dough for it. Brian @ tachyon told me i can use new stock bolts and just hone it and would be just as good.

i dont know....$10? I am not sure if i have them actually....i will check tonight

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Well, i had a VERY productive day thursday. I put on my new LF inner tie-rod, and new center carrier bearing.......new from carquest for $95 bucks. Only problem is i had to swap it into my old bearing housing. Took a little over 1.5 hrs from start to finish and back on the ground for the bearing. IT FEELS GREAT ! no vibration all the time and my popping from 2nd to 3rd gear is gone. Yeah, im still working on the brake lock up on the RF but little by little its getting fixed til the turbo is back together. I will swap all the newer parts to the turbo when i get it done.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Will be moving......hopefully ill be done that time of night but , you never know. If anybody wants to help let me know. Friday im moving all the stuff to my garage in my townhouse and moving stuff into the house on saturday.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Well, I got moved and mostly unpacked. Having a "house warming" party for friends and your all invited. Parking will suck because I own a townhome but atleast there will be beer and the grill going :naughty:. Date TBA but hopefully in the next week. Hope you guys can come out.

Will be selling off extra parts and peices so if you need anything let me know. I will have a for sale thread starting next week when I get all of my parts in the garage. Just ask and I'll let you know

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
anybody want to buy a 90 white n/a 5-spd with newer engine put in it? guy i know here in town wants to sell his for $3k. It's in great shape.....sucks i can't buy it and just scrap the n/a of mine.