How about Jacksonville peeps?

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
black87turbo;1150197 said:
Somehow I keep losing water in my overflow......:3d_frown: I checked it the day before yesterday and i had a little over the full mark and today I had the birdcage light come on when making a sharp turn because it went down to the low mark. Now I am not seeing it drip out like it did when I had my BHG but I would definately like to know what in the hell the problem is...All i can tell you that if i blew another HG I will not be rebuilding my 7M....

one more thing you car looks sweet with the new wheels. you do have mk4 wheels right ?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
What is everybody running as far as wheels?

I have my mustang wheels and 225-50-16 Fuzion ZRI's on the N/A and TT mk4 wheels with 245-45 & 275-40 Bridgestone RE760's on the turbo. POST UP YOUR WHEELS~:biglaugh:

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
87nasupra;1150668 said:
What is everybody running as far as wheels?

I have my mustang wheels and 225-50-16 Fuzion ZRI's on the N/A and TT mk4 wheels with 245-45 & 275-40 Bridgestone RE760's on the turbo. POST UP YOUR WHEELS~:biglaugh:

245-40-18 front 275-35-18 rear i can still break them lose going into 3rd :)

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
ians13;1150542 said:
one more thing you car looks sweet with the new wheels. you do have mk4 wheels right ?

Maybe i should pressurize the system and find out where my leaks are......In any case I hope to have this crap resolved by the time the weekend is over. Yeah I have the MKIV TT wheels on it with 245/40/17 front and 275/45/17 rear. Its a great feeling to break them loose going into third isn't it?:evil2: Matt and I have done that on more than one occasion when we were tuning it. I want to Dyno it so maybe sometime when it gets cold i will have to get around to it.

Last edited:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Matt, I need to try out that driveshaft from your n/a. Mine is done. I don't think that there is any rubber left on the support bearing in my car. also wanted to get that LF fender too.

Looks like the damn coolant hose going to the IAC split. I need to change out my LF inner tie rod and LF brake caliper and hose.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Im pretty sure I have the caliper you need.....come pick it up @ no charge :icon_bigg Well I pressurized the coolant system today and i had two leaky hoses.....one going to the heater core and one coming back to the water housing from the turbo. This would explain the gargling sound in the heater core and the need for the motor to suck in some coolant. :biglaugh: I ran it pretty hard today and it seemed fine so its all good. On another note, i think i will strat running coolant through my IAC because I am told that it is one of the causes behind my 1100rpm idle :aigo:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
black87turbo;1152071 said:
Im pretty sure I have the caliper you need.....come pick it up @ no charge :icon_bigg Well I pressurized the coolant system today and i had two leaky hoses.....one going to the heater core and one coming back to the water housing from the turbo. This would explain the gargling sound in the heater core and the need for the motor to suck in some coolant. :biglaugh: I ran it pretty hard today and it seemed fine so its all good. On another note, i think i will strat running coolant through my IAC because I am told that it is one of the causes behind my 1100rpm idle :aigo:

New or used caliper val? The parts stores don't have them in stock.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
87nasupra;1152470 said:
New or used caliper val? The parts stores don't have them in stock.

I believe I have two calipers in good working condition at my house....Just let me know when you want to pick them up.....After Wednesday would be ideal because I have midterms up until then....give me a call

vert88

Aug 31, 2006
jacksonville
hey fellas its been a while, well i am still here in iraq and as usual i am bored off my ass so i decided that i am going to rebuild the motor in the supra with the stock internals and arp main, rod bolds, studs and other goodies so i went ahead and baught a 1986 cressida now the problem that i have is that the car has a slight oil leak that i would like to get taken care of before i get back so if anyone would like to tackle that job for me i would surely appreciate it and i will also pay 200 bucks to get it done so my jacksonville peeps please help a brotha out and by the way drerok please send me your paypal address thanks and i hope to see you guys soon jaymar

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
vert88;1154452 said:
hey fellas its been a while, well i am still here in iraq and as usual i am bored off my ass so i decided that i am going to rebuild the motor in the supra with the stock internals and arp main, rod bolds, studs and other goodies so i went ahead and baught a 1986 cressida now the problem that i have is that the car has a slight oil leak that i would like to get taken care of before i get back so if anyone would like to tackle that job for me i would surely appreciate it and i will also pay 200 bucks to get it done so my jacksonville peeps please help a brotha out and by the way drerok please send me your paypal address thanks and i hope to see you guys soon jaymar

.....Oscar and I could probably look at it one of these weekends, where is the car? Oh and i dont want your money.....just return the favor sometime...but i would like to get my $75 for the Lex AFM from that one kid that i do not know.....

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
sent a PM jaymar.

SMOKING PROBLEM:
would anyone know why my car only smokes when i come off the ramp on the highway. i let off the gas and press the brake, the car starts to have that back fire popping niose, then after that it smokes really bad and only smokes for a day or 2 and dries up. it seems like something is happening in that transition to make water or oil get into the system annd burns up after time. so now i've been slowing down to where my exhaust wont pop. or i guess back fire.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
drerok;1155204 said:
sent a PM jaymar.

SMOKING PROBLEM:
would anyone know why my car only smokes when i come off the ramp on the highway. i let off the gas and press the brake, the car starts to have that back fire popping niose, then after that it smokes really bad and only smokes for a day or 2 and dries up. it seems like something is happening in that transition to make water or oil get into the system annd burns up after time. so now i've been slowing down to where my exhaust wont pop. or i guess back fire.

That's definately not water getting into the exhaust system.......happened to me all the time before I rebuilt the motor....your turbo is shot and your rings have probably seen better days. I would just watch the oil level of the car and keep adding oil until you can upgrade the turbo....Correct me if I am wrong guys but it backfires because you have too much fuel at a certain RPM......also it is smoking when you let off the throttle because you no longer have backpressure occupying those turbo seals. My car still puffs a bit here and there but I know that its the turbo. My guess is that you rings are on their way out, which would explain the bad smoke.

Just when you think you are about done.....the Supra insists that you drop some more loot in to it.....Its a vicious cycle!

Last edited:

vert88

Aug 31, 2006
jacksonville
andre its time for a rebuild or an upgraded turbo, val i will take care of you don't worry about that and if you need it bad just send me your paypal address and i will send you the money, and the car is at oscars house if you want to tackle the oil pan

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
vert88;1155293 said:
andre its time for a rebuild or an upgraded turbo, val i will take care of you don't worry about that and if you need it bad just send me your paypal address and i will send you the money, and the car is at oscars house if you want to tackle the oil pan

Nah man i don't need it bad....i will have to make a trip to good old Argyle Forest and see that BEAST in person....I will give oscar a shout tonight, when are you coming back?

ISE5150

Anthony
May 3, 2007
Florida
Drerok,
I'm gonna have to agree, I don't think the issue is water. Burning oil when coming off the highway I again agree it is more than likely turbo seals not maintaining pressure. As far as the back-firing, does the car hesitate when you're driving through town? You may be looking at plugs that are not burning the fuel in the chamber, moving past the turbo at +/- 2500 degree's may be causing the back-fire. May also concider why there is fuel loading up. I'd start with the plugs, wires, easy fix (also routine maintanence) then I would look at the pressure regulater. If it's loading up and back-firing it's gonna be fuel that isn't burning you just have to find out where and why. Good luck, Antz