Homemade V12 w/2J Heads

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Also 90 degree V12... fail..

Might just be the mock up pics but it looks more like 95 degrees so maybe he's found a way to deal with the firing order issue without splitting the crankpins ;) <sarc>

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
MightyAl;1994628 said:
http://blogs.hotrod.com/ls-v12-custom-built-engine-53979.html#axzz2vNWE183b

I think it would be easier to buy one of these. Already proven.
Not really Al, that one based on a production Crank isn't complete yet, one of the earlier ones built with a billet cranks for an aircraft in Norway is said to be a leaking mess and unusable and the other one that ended up in a Truck has mysteriously disappeared...

Still a 90 degree V12 with a funky firing order if they finish it...

Want a V12 there are plenty of production units out there that could be bored and stroked into something useable/unique if you wanted to throw $$$ at a project..

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
MightyAl;1994700 said:
It did fall off the face of the earth at ls1tech.

I admire this guy. He has to be doing it just to do it otherwise he needs to be committed.

LMAO I'm leaning towards option B ;)

I really like the Falconer V12's, now if they'd do an LS12 that would be something!

The guys doing the build on LS1 are just backyarders like me and I know the limitations involved taking on a project like that....

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
IJ.;1994585 said:
Also 90 degree V12... fail..

I think it might be 120 degrees. That would make a bit more sense, right? 6 journals, 60 degrees apart.

edit: yeah I've seen it claimed as 120 degrees where someone was talking about it.

Last edited:

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
IJ.;1994709 said:
LMAO I'm leaning towards option B ;)

I really like the Falconer V12's, now if they'd do an LS12 that would be something!

The guys doing the build on LS1 are just backyarders like me and I know the limitations involved taking on a project like that....

I keep looking at that damn flat plane crank lingenfelter has for the lsx motor. I know how big a pain in the ass it would be to get running in both money and time but I still find myself drooling over the stupid thing every few months. I haven't been able to talk myself into it yet because I know it would take another $10k over the cost of the crank. But oh man that sweet sweet V12 sound.