Holset turbo on 1jz?

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
I just get tired of seeing people get singled out all the time. And Ric has been bashed in more than one topic, im just not going to run to all of them to post the same thing over and over and over again. Youre right its about the holset, and im done bashing the concept.
The Reaper said:
dude what is your deal with me??? back off. im trying to get this thread back on topic. i want to know about the Holset 1JZ car not about Ric....thats what i meant man. lay off. this thread was about the "HOLSET ON A 1JZ." not "SHOULD RIC DYNO FOR HIS OWN SATISFACTION OR NOT?" :nono:

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I am with you on this i think the whole page [21] needs to be cleaned up a little bit there is a lot of :slap: & ::fundy:: leaving rick to be ::hang:: when we should all be :drink1: :beer:

Lets aim below the belt and go for time slips dynos etc.. instead of attacks to the guy for why SF bans so much for next to no reason, Mostly that MVP is threatened by "EGAY" even though they are there sponser if you look at the sponser and affiliate page.

That was the main reason i was banned from there was because I called him(unamed mod) out on it and he looked an idiot for banning people over it then went out of his way to ban me I cant post the personal emails i got from him where he backed that up because i can not log on there with that acount anymore.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
::fundy:: leaving rick to be ::hang:: when we should all be :drink1: :beer:

agreed, can we just get along....:wiggle: homer is not bad guy ... now back to the topic ?

ryojikaji

Jan 11, 2007
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
He got the car all squared away and let me take it out. I drive this car all the time because the owner is my brother. Anyway, it turns out that along with the dead clutch, he had a boost leak. He is pretty sure that he had the leak during his dyno runs as well. Now that that's all fixed, this thing is really really fast. I had a passenger in the car and it was still way faster than when he first put the holset on. It has to be close to 400whp now. I know this post doesn't mean anything without proof, so post up already bro!!

BTW: my leg hurts from that damn clutch pedal of doom :evil2:

-Matt-Panic!

airbats801

old school mitsu fan
Mar 26, 2006
oregon
www.nwstarquest.com
Damn mark, giving me some motivation to ifnish my swap. I think im ditching my twin 14b setup and will be doing this instead. Definately a lot less fabrication and plumbing :biglaugh:

Anyhow, I'll probably ring you tomorrow, I'll be needing one of those t4 to t3 adapters.

airbats801

old school mitsu fan
Mar 26, 2006
oregon
www.nwstarquest.com
btw, just for some extra reference. dj over at projectzero g is running a hx35 with the 9cm housing and this is what he said it spools like running on a 2.4l 4g64/4g63dohc setup/

With the HX35 on the 2.4L I was getting about 4psi at 2500rpm and full boost of 15psi at 3000rpm with FP3 cams no less! Spool is very fast. No need for antilag even. I am using the 9cm housing from Bullseye though (.63 A/R). There are different housings available from Cummins/Dodge: 12cm, 16cm, 18cm. I think there is a 9cm HY35 as well.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
airbats801 said:
btw, just for some extra reference. dj over at projectzero g is running a hx35 with the 9cm housing and this is what he said it spools like running on a 2.4l 4g64/4g63dohc setup/

With the HX35 on the 2.4L I was getting about 4psi at 2500rpm and full boost of 15psi at 3000rpm with FP3 cams no less! Spool is very fast. No need for antilag even. I am using the 9cm housing from Bullseye though (.63 A/R). There are different housings available from Cummins/Dodge: 12cm, 16cm, 18cm. I think there is a 9cm HY35 as well.

Dude where can I get the 9cm^2 for the hx35? I want a little fasster spool. Now with the leak fixed the WG is opening at about 4100 as opposed to the 4400-4500 before. I want that down to about 3500 and I'm good. Did that guy lose any top end tq by doing 9cm? This could be the answer to all my prayers :)

Btw, car is insane fast now. Makes 1jz mk3 look stupid :) Oh wait it did that before haha. Holset is cool. Everyone go get one. now...

Btw, This helped a lot:
$10 at Lowe's got me -10 to 15 deg intake temps according to software. This is 4" aluminum dryer hose. I love Lowe's. They have hella better racing products than Home depot :) Only mod to the chassis is I cut out some metal in front of the wheel well for the last bend. I still have the screen mesh on the front of the turbo. That's why there's two clamps.

l_397884e2a83b89e48ce9ba02b2f6fab8.jpg

No rubbing.
l_bc0284a28330ee5b826cf7b9d8e98079.jpg

Source inlet.
l_0166c06dedd1e72319066262733295f9.jpg

airbats801

old school mitsu fan
Mar 26, 2006
oregon
www.nwstarquest.com
I'll ask dj, its from bullseye, whatever that company is, but he says it isnt listed anymore on their page. Also I believe he said it uses a mitsubishi flange.

I dont think he really lost much for torque considering the chararisitics of the engine. it uses a 100mm stroke so it isnt a high revving engine opposed to a 4g63, although they still seem to rev out past 7k. There really isnt any reference as it was the first turbo he used.

Salman

Jan 10, 2010
Karachi
I followed this thread as a major refference, I must say i am very happy with this turbo,, Holset HX-35(eight blade), 12^2 cm T3 housing. oil restrictor, starts spooling at 3700rpm,
full boost at 4000 rpm, currently. 1.5 bar.. to be franck, u can feel the lift when boost goes over 1.2 bar..
i started it with .7bar, as of wastegate spring..
440cc, safc, bosch inline ..
facing AFR issued with 1.5 bar , 440cc only handles 1.2 bar...

[video=youtube;tpYW73LKWFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpYW73LKWFw[/video]

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Going back reading this is so funny. So many turbos since then... I have a bunch of friends wit hx/hy on their jz and they all love it. Thinking back I'd totally get one again they spool like a freight train.

And yeah ric lol. Very typical.

Salman

Jan 10, 2010
Karachi
i failed to find the 9CM houisng for hx-35, where as i found a different model of holset, may be HY(not use).. it flows a bit less air then HX-35, but the housing is 9cm, a friend did this math for me, so whould i try that one out,,
what should i expect as a fall in RPM with 9cm.. currently it start spooling at 3700 RPM,
will it be 2500RPM??
Thanks Bro..

Please do let me know which fuel pump are u using and the injector do i require to run 1.5 bar of boost..
approx. flow in 40LBS at 1.5 bar.. (maf log in evo).. :nono:

I want to full boost at 3k RPM.

thanks..

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Salman;1678685 said:
I followed this thread as a major refference, I must say i am very happy with this turbo,, Holset HX-35(eight blade), 12^2 cm T3 housing. oil restrictor, starts spooling at 3700rpm,
full boost at 4000 rpm, currently. 1.5 bar.. to be franck, u can feel the lift when boost goes over 1.2 bar..
i started it with .7bar, as of wastegate spring..
440cc, safc, bosch inline ..
facing AFR issued with 1.5 bar , 440cc only handles 1.2 bar...

[video=youtube;tpYW73LKWFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpYW73LKWFw[/video]

What kind of car is that? lol it looks like a cressy with a plywood bumper. XD

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
boost that low is gonna require something smaller than the smallest holset. I know I've done it (i used to make 1.4 bar at 2800rpm). And you trade off with a loss in top end. It sure is fun though.

For that boost just run a walbro or a mkiv pump. You'll be fine.

Cam_Ron

Dec 14, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
29psi from a 6 blade hx40 with the 18cm turbine housing on my 1jz by 5000rpm. Spool starts around 3000. Made enough power to have a stock rod fail 1" below the wrist pin. (600-700 at the motor?)

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
I finally got my HX35 Tuned in with my Power FC and GM3bar and wow the Wastgate opens at 17PSI and around 5000 RPM , Now all i want to do is hook up a boost controller and run it up to around 25PSI so the boost pulls to around 6500 then wastegate to 8000.