hmm#5 is leaning out

Dell67

allimportendsupra
Nov 22, 2006
portland,or
well, i have a freash motor,and after 180mls i decided to check the plugs and regap. all has good bern on the post, but #5 was lean with a white burn down to the end of the turn on ground. so im running 10.01 compreshon,high compreshon ring set, complete gasket mached ported motor. 5mm exhaust port increase,stk440 injectors,this is without after market f.p.reg.the ignition is 2deg advanced to 12 btdc,and was after a 10 lb,boost stomp test. dont want to burn it up,any advice is helpfull. so do i have faulty injector i was told their good for 10lbs.or in need of 550s,timing or fuel pressure? me do not for shur .now me ask question ugg! thanks for the help.its all helpful.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Suprahero doesn't know the answer or Suprahero would have posted it, but Suprahero hopes you solve it quickly before you tear up your whip............:biglaugh:

good luck

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Dell67 said:
well, i have a freash motor,and after 180mls i decided to check the plugs and regap. all has good bern on the post, but #5 was lean with a white burn down to the end of the turn on ground. so im running 10.01 compreshon,high compreshon ring set, complete gasket mached ported motor. 5mm exhaust port increase,stk440 injectors,this is without after market f.p.reg.the ignition is 2deg advanced to 12 btdc,and was after a 10 lb,boost stomp test. do i have faulty injector or 550s,timing or fuel presure. me do not now,me ask question ugg. thanks for the help.

Ok, so you have 10:1 compression, with the timing advanced to 12 deg, and it's turbo?!? :aigo: And you are not using a wideband, just doing full throttle runs to test it?

I would recommend having the injectors flow tested by RC or Cruzin Performance, then install a safc and take it to a dyno shop. With the compression that high and the head port work you will need to do some tuning. Timing advance would not be a good idea right now. You might want to put some 100 octane in it, turn the boost down, and put the timing back at 10 deg if you are going to keep driving it like it is.

Last edited:

Dell67

allimportendsupra
Nov 22, 2006
portland,or
ok ,thanks for the advice.ill time to ten,turn down the boost ,look in to the injectors. maybe its time for 550s .i do no a few tuners in portland that have rear wheel dynos and do have free dyno days. to the tuners. sweet store, ill check it out for buissnes.

Last edited: