HKS Turbo Exhaust

Spyder96

Jul 11, 2008
Vancouver, WA
I think its the HKS LET-T16, If so, I have been running it for a few years. I like it. I have a Defcon elbowless DP and no cat and it sounds good, not too loud, nice low tone. It is pretty quite at idle and low rpm.
http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=829
when you click on "more" it is pic D2

RedGT;1111076 said:
Anyone running this exhaust? I have never heard of it so it must not be very popular? I like it because it comes with a dual exhaust tip. anyone have some input?

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/HKS/Exhaust/Exhaust_Systems/Turbo/1232

Last edited:

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Yea I used to have one. Thats not the correct picture of the real mk3 exhaust. It looks completely stock but its all mandrel bent 3". Sounds low and its quiet.

p1111323_1.jpg

p1111323_2.jpg

p1111323_3.jpg

Sep 11, 2007
terrace b.c.
just picked up that exhaust this week, will be installing it when i get home later this week. just need to track down a mechanical cut-out test pipe!

azmk3

Nov 12, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
I have that exhaust on mine. I also have a 3" dp with it. Running a cat. At idle and normal driving you cant tell a difference between the HKS and stock. The only time I can hear it is once ive built a decent amount of boost but then its not so much engine noise as turbo whoosh. It usually takes alot of convincing and poking around before someone believes its not stock.

RedGT

Aug 18, 2006
Baltimore, MD
Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like this may be just what I want, but from what I understand its not stainless? Im really trying to find a stainless system like this because I know how fast normal steel exhaust rusts and I dont want to buy a new catback every 2 years.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
RedGT;1112854 said:
Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like this may be just what I want, but from what I understand its not stainless? Im really trying to find a stainless system like this because I know how fast normal steel exhaust rusts and I dont want to buy a new catback every 2 years.

I think HKS does Painted Aluminized Steel...or just Aluminized Steel.

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
I installed mine last night.

It does sound a bit louder, more low end grunt but not obnoxiously loud.
I have the stainless elbow, downpipe and testpipe in 3" and it's a BIG difference in turbo spoolup.