HKS T3G Kit

RAWS

Jun 21, 2009
Adelaide
soapra;1351579 said:
Sorry for the late reply guys. Shop keeps me busy. Here is my dyno sheet with the same twins that terror owns now. this was on 100 octane, 440cc injectors (should of had 550's) stock cams, 3in dp, no cat and hks high power catback, SAFC Neo and HKS intake. 23 psi of boost. I think with 272 cams and bigger injectors i could of hit 500+

p1352131_1.jpg

You're turbos must have a different exhaust housing if they are holding 23 psi to redline on the 1J. My turbos wouldnt flow enough gas to make this possible. Sounds like your housings might be .64 or similar.
:icon_bigg

RAWS

Jun 21, 2009
Adelaide
Yotaholic;1352092 said:
Thanks for the replies guys ! That's right where I want to be with this car so it sounds good to me . They spool much like the ct12a's with a bit more lag. With the 2J cams it really starts to freak past 4K so I'm hoping with more tuning with the exhaust cam and a shit load more with the EMU I should be able to make some descent power . I'll post the results when I get to a dyno . 7hr trip :3d_frown:

upgrades complete ,,,now it's tuning time :evil2:

Emanage Ultimate w/ 3bar map / AEM uego input
USDM 2J cams
Titan adj cam gears
Meth injection
Sard 650's
HKS T3G Kit

Excellent mods mate. Your car looks awesome also. Hope you get a good tune straight up if its a 7hr drive to the dyno (It took me 3 tunes and a change of tuner to get my car runnin perfect on the Power FC). Should be ok with a piggyback tho, they're a lot easier to tune with less variables etc.

Goodluck and make sure u throw a dyno sheet up for us!

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
RAWS;1352131 said:
You're turbos must have a different exhaust housing if they are holding 23 psi to redline on the 1J. My turbos wouldnt flow enough gas to make this possible. Sounds like your housings might be .64 or similar.
:icon_bigg

I figure that they only made on kind of T3G kit. I have a print out of the boost from that dyno run. We stopped the run at 6K as the car was having an issue with running out of fuel.

p1352670_1.jpg

RAWS

Jun 21, 2009
Adelaide
soapra;1352670 said:
I figure that they only made on kind of T3G kit. I have a print out of the boost from that dyno run. We stopped the run at 6K as the car was having an issue with running out of fuel.

p1352889_1.jpg

There are definately a couple specs of the T3G's. I think mine may have been originally intended for a GTR as the turbos are straight up t25 flanged for bolt on replacement for a GTR. They would not have fit the 1j as a bolt on solution. They required the high mount manifolds, new oil/water lines, dumps, cooler pipes etc etc. Whether all these parts were HKS originals or someone had made the kit to fit a 1j i have no idea.

The kit you have definately has bigger exhaust A/R's tho as there is no way mine would hold that kind of boost and we revved to like 7800rpm.

What is the red line on the boost graph you have posted? Is that the oem twins?

Last edited:

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
The results are in !!

It has more in it but I need a bigger IC :3d_frown:

I'm more than happy with the results :icon_bigg

94oct
19psi
104* f

:evil2:
p1390844_1.jpg

p1390844_2.jpg

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
mark newman;1390948 said:
could you fit these onto a 2jz and would they be better then stock, turbos.

They won't bolt on but I suppose you can make anything fit with a little determination lol.

The car is so damn hostile now it's insane !! So smooth yet it pulls like a freight train right to redline . Now I need better rubber and much bigger brakes ! It never ends LOL

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
yikes why are they so laggy, that's as laggy as my K26 setup! 4750 RPM.... yikes yikes yikes... My car was no fun to drive when my car was like that... I think you need a 3.0 L bottle end ;)

I spooled at 5200 so slightly longer then you...

GOOD numbers though! took me 20 PSI just to get that power on the twin k26's on stock cams.