HKS Super AFR not allowing car to start

Anh

Apr 6, 2005
London
Hello all, I tried searching for threads related to the HKS Super AFR but nothing much but for sale threads showed up.

Anyway, I have wired the device to the ECU as the instructions indicated, however the unit doesn't read the number 2 when setting the key to ignition, it just displays the % value of adjustment, while the instructions state that the unit should display 2 when on key is on ign.

There is a blue wire coming from the AFR and i linked that up to the BATT 12v wire on the ECU harness, this wire was never mentioned but I figured it needed a constant power supply to retain settings memory?

Secondly,the car won't start (just cranks) when attempting to start it with the HKS unit in place.

Is there something missing that the instructions didnt show or is the unit faulty? If anyone needs further details then just ask, thanks.

Last edited:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
There is a blue wire coming from the AFR and i linked that up to the BATT 12v wire on the ECU harness, this wire was never mentioned but I figured it needed a constant power supply to retain settings memory?
don't go connecting wires that the instructions don't say to.

Blue wire is an output for an fcon:
http://www.alltrac.net/manuals/SAFR/
The Super AFR can be used with F-CON MINI and AIC MINI.
Connect the blue wire of the Super AFR and switch the Super AFR DIP switch 3 to the ON position as pictured below.

do you have the switches set properly for learning mode? if using KV afm, the only one in the on position should be #2.

Anh

Apr 6, 2005
London
isnms said:
don't go connecting wires that the instructions don't say to.

Blue wire is an output for an fcon:

do you have the switches set properly for learning mode? if using KV afm, the only one in the on position should be #2.

Yep, I made sure the sensory settings are for KV AFM. I will remove the blue wire from the ECU harness.

So the only power feed should be the 12 v IGN right?

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
correct.

you cut the air flow signal wire (KS) and use the safr yellow wire to go to the ecu side and the white wire to go to the engine harness side?
all the other wires are only tapped.

Anh

Apr 6, 2005
London
Do you think the blue wire being hooked up to the BATT wire on the ecu harness was the cause to the HKS unit to not display "2" when turning the key to ign?

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
You need to make sure dip switch 4 is in the off position. When you turn the key to the on position, it will display 2,4,6 etc.. (depending on where the resp knob is) turn the resp knob till it says 6, then start the engine. Let the engine idle (no reving or turning anything else on) until the engine is at full operating temp. Switch #4 to the on position.