HKS SSQV Doesn't blow off?

Highlex

Jul 5, 2009
Manitoba
I hooked up my HKS SSQV, it should blow off when boosting and letting off the gas but it doesn't, just straight compressor surge every time.

I think this is because of my vacuum source, it's probably not strong enough.

Where do you recommend I get the vacuum for my BOV from? I have it going to the TB now and that isn't working :(

enginelxg.jpg

Oh and I see most of you people have two little ports coming off of your TB for vacuum, like shown in this diagram circled in green...

4413928c2bde53bc6788283b3605076fd51dc74.gif

I just have one of these ports, and it's in the middle and abit larger. My motor is a 1987 7mgte (swapped into a MK2 supra)

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Get vacuum from the stock bov line. Or just any post throttle body flapper port will work. It isnt going to blow off at all if its plumbed to a pre throttle body source since it will never see true vacuum. I've had SSQVs just stop opening, caused by a ripped/leaking diaphram.

Highlex

Jul 5, 2009
Manitoba
Fletch124;1375837 said:
Get vacuum from the stock bov line. Or just any post throttle body flapper port will work. It isnt going to blow off at all if its plumbed to a pre throttle body source since it will never see true vacuum. I've had SSQVs just stop opening, caused by a ripped/leaking diaphram.

I looked at my diaphragm and it is fine.

So the source im getting it from isn't past the throttle body flapper? Where is the stock one hooked up to? I never had mine hooked up before. Thanks for the help :)

Highlex

Jul 5, 2009
Manitoba
Can anyone offer some insight please? Where does the stock BOV line connect to? It goes to a metal pipe by the 3000 pipe correct? but where does that metal pipe go to? There is another vacuum line off the metal pipe that goes somewhere but I do not know where as it is unconnected.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
my stock bov line connects to the metal pipe under the intake manifold
and if u have a line that isnt connected youll have a leak spray starter fluid to see around and if the rpm raises then ull find were it isnt connected

tell me if im misunderstanding you and someone please correct me if im wrong

Highlex

Jul 5, 2009
Manitoba
I fixed it!

"It isnt going to blow off at all if its plumbed to a pre throttle body source since it will never see true vacuum."

Thanks. I switched locations of the vacuum and now it works