HKS Sport Turbo, reviews?

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
I've only seen two of these other than mine on the net. Was given to me with the purchase of my Supra, they had no idea what it was until I got ahold of it :love: It's the 57 trim HKS Sport Turbo upgrade for the 7MGTE, just bolts onto the stock manifold and even has a tap for an egt gauge. Does ANYONE have anything to say about this because I can't find much information on it at all. Crappy picture and tinypic doesn't like midnite, I'll get more later..

2qdoc4o.jpg

http://cjsupra.kendra.com/89supra.html

-Chris

Last edited:

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
stamped HKS on the turbine housing and bolts up directly to the 7mgte manifold, and dp, and oil lines. That compressor housing is used on a BUNCH of turbos, many bigger and smaller. Positive its the HKS I just can't find any information on it at all??

-Chris

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
I just bought the HKS SS 60-1 (IIRC) from a friend here on SM, and all I can say is that it is one sweet turbo!! Spool comes on @ 3K, and it pulls awesome! To put things in perspective, my 87T auto with stock CT-26 has put down 302whp, and 320ish torque, and runs 13.2, and on the street she is very manageable even with stock tires. My '89 5 spd. with the HKS fishtails in 2nd after a normal launch in first with MKIV tires. The car is frighteningly quick! This is @ 16psi. I'm sure she can put down 400+rwhp @ 20+ psi. I don't know about the 57 trim, but the 60 is one hell of a street turbo. Boost spools wicked fast, and the car pulls and pulls. And its a bolt-on! Enjoy it!

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
nope, bigger in all aspects. that picture up there /\ actual size :naughty: ha just kiddin but yes it is bigger than the ct

-Chris

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
you don't plan on running a stock elbow on that thing do you? A full 3" elbow will allow that thing to pull all the way to redline as well as come one much harder.

There are a few in the for sale section if you need one...

/end shameless plug...

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
unfortunately I don't have the full kit this turbo came in, but I do have a 3" dp with elbow on it. It's not the nicest looking but it will get the job done until I have more money. The BOSS turbos at suprasport would be awesome for someone keeping the stock manifold. Thanks for the info! If I were to rebuild it, could I send it anywhere like Turbonetics?

-Chris