HKS short and long runner manifolds

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Theres several posts about this i've seen.. but not to flame, I have somewhat of a thought about them.

They look different! The long runner plenums look like a long tube.. forreal. While the short runners look like a triangle almost, they are wierdly shaped. Beyond that though.. Short runners seem to make the MOST hp in higher RPM's.. Long runners make more HP in the lower RPM. I believe it changes in how your turbo spools aswell. If someone else could add that is more experienced Im sure it will do you much better.

Here's some links for you..

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6519
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370668&page=1&pp=25&highlight=ffim

And here's some pictures..

Long runner style FFIM (front facing intake manifold)
iimg0185kz8.jpg

engineaug.jpg

Short runner style FFIM

dsc00668kr8.jpg

Last edited:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
JoeC...LMAO...He's not asking about the FFI, it says HKS long or short .......so Exhaust manifold! See long runner in my build thread. RonR makes the baddest ass long tubular manifold, but very rarely.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
^^ I also prefer the looks of Ron R's long runners! Someday... someday :icon_razz

Edit.. my mistake! I guess the first thing that came in mind was short and long style manifolds =X!! Ah well! beautiful post i made.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
HKS Log Manifold also know as the short runner:
This smaller tighter andmore compact manifold is good for the HKS T04E
series turbo, generally a smaller turbo, and this manifold is good to make 450
rwhp on the turbos it supports. It however has cracking problems.

HKS Long runner:
This larger and better designed manifold is built for spooling big turbos
almost like a tuned header for big turbos. This will hold bigger turbos like
a T-66, T78, etc. It's a MUCh better manifold, and not prone to the cracking
problems. I just sold one for $450 shipped, and that was as complete steal.
I would say these should go for $650+ I was in need of cash!

this is my take on the products, having owned both.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
no the short runner is good for a turbo sides for 450rwhp. You can use a spacer, but it will exasberate (sp?) the cracking problem. It's not as free
flowing as the long runner, and is basicly a stock manifold vs. header in performance

Jeff

SupraManiac

Sep 17, 2005
P.A. Texas
I see....thanks on the information....bad combonation with t67 with short runner

Untouchable7mgte said:
woo woo wooo how the heck do you keep your battery in the engine with a ffim like in that one pic?? it looks like a 2jz intake manifold. some info on this?