hks head gasket took off

84suprade

Feb 29, 2012
Laurel, Delaware, United States
ok i got 7mgte for 50 bucks had no head issues or any thing like that.. but 2 and 3 was loseing some cp so i pulled it all down very clean motor for 140k the heads has had a stage 2 port and smooth i talked to the guy he sad it made 484rwhp with a t4 setup had the hks head gasket no sine of a BHG i pulled the motor down all the way and am going to frashin it up can i just chean the deack and head and but a new hks gasket on btw the rings looed wore and there was scuffs on the side of the piston on one side but the bore are in realy good shape i still se the cross marks .

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Turbo Habanero;1819555 said:
I wouldn't risk plus you'll have most the motor tore down anyhow might as well have it decked

Yea if you are going to replace with another MLS gasket then both the head and block need to be decked. Also, if the machine shop who does this for you is a good one, they will require the internals to be removed. So while they are in there, I would have them break the glaze on the cylinder walls, and replace the rings on the pistons. Other then that, make sure the block gets decked with the rear timing cover torqued to it.

84suprade

Feb 29, 2012
Laurel, Delaware, United States
well i did take it to one of the bast shopes around and thay toke it the block(i have it tore down all ready) and the head and thay sed it was true as true can be. cost me 30 bucks no biggy i not know how much it has be done be for so im kinda worryed about that and i know the motor has had some work done to it i have most of its passed but not all.

Last edited:

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Seeing as this is up here, I do have a question.. I'm about to Go MHG as one thing I do NOT want to think about after My rebuild is "If thats the HG" So my question is this, How Thick? 1.4mm or 2.0mm? It go's without saying I'll be having both the bock and head sent off to be renewed, And My best guess is the 2mm gasket but I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com