HKS F-con problem

PlantSUPRA

Oct 3, 2007
Hollywood
i came across a HKS f-con in the junk yard and has a a tp-8 wire harness and it does not fit on my 1991 supra because i need a tp-14. i looked online and HKS does not make the harness anymore :( i was wondering if any one has the wire harness diagram or the harness it would help me alot.

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
is it the pfc or what? If its a pfc, I know they were model specific. I wouldnt know for sure but if the tccs on the "2" models of mk3 were different it may not work right anyways. Also,
if you plan on doing anything else to your car, assuming it does work, tuning with that thing on there is a serious PITA, it WILL correct over other devices, before it or after it, to do what it is programmed. I would say sell it unless you are keeping it stock besides that and if you are good luck finding a fcd for it (the one it came with).

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Hey,

If you have a spare ecu and the plugs on the loom that go into the ecu, and some electrical know how, you could make one...

the difference is the different pinout locations

fcd's and less often looms do come up n japan from time to time...
theres also fcd/fcon/tp14 on ebay in NZ for US$350, seller will ship to US...

I may have a spare tp14 loom on its way to me from japan with some other stuff, wont know till it arrives...

PlantSUPRA

Oct 3, 2007
Hollywood
dude that would be awesome if you get one let me know

and yeah its a PFC F-CON it has a 550 injetor rom and it came with the FCD

does any one want to trade or buy it ??

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
I run the same setup on my 1991. With the type-k fcd. did you get the little vaccum sensor that comes with it also. I have the name of the little bugger on the tip of my tounge. ^^^
correct me if i'm wrong.

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
Personaly Id say sell it or get the right bits to make it worth while (GCC ect). I tried tuning that thing with an safr both before and after + and - %50. Nothing. opened it up and turned the dial down and yeah, it leaned, to 9-1 afr's. better than stock but not worth the trouble or cost of other hard to find pieces in my opinion.