hks evc1 help

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
hook everything up just like on hks online manual but no boost control what so ever but the valve unit keeps clicking even when the head unit is turn off
let me know what you guys think

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
thats normal for it to keep ticking. mine does it even when the ignition is on.
are you sure you hvae the correct version? (internal/external) also if you have all the dials on the back zero'd out it doesnt do anything. try the manual dail on the the front first and just crank it all the way to the right, fuel cut will tell you that its working :) then start playing with the other ones. i turned mine up and then start to back them down until it is just under FC

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
i keep hitting fc even when i use the manual and set it real low
just keep hitting fc and the evc1 can be use on internal and external

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
what are your mods? every car is different for fc and you might be at the peak already (fc usually cuts in around 10-14 psi) so the combination of shims and ebc could be affecting it. on mine i could only turn it a 3rd of the way to get all the boost i could and still be under fc (this is with the lex and the sp61gt) remove the shims and try again (as the evc holds the wg closed until the propper boost pressure is met) or just do it all the way to zero and work your way up some.

ma70t

7mgte-s
Jun 7, 2005
va
i try everything the unit keeps cliking even when the car is turn off but also im running ct26 62-1 and i hit fule cute at 14psi when wot did the hose thing under 3 ft and still same thing also checked the serial on head unit and solinoid