Hit the mid-life crisis

suprabob

Sep 10, 2008
Newport, RI
noah89t;1153758 said:
beautiful car, it looks like you live in base housing, man do i miss base housing.

Thanks bro. Military housing is a sweet deal and I've got about 2 years left before I retire out and get my own place. How long were you in?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
First and foremost: Thank you for your service ::salute:: I sincerely appreciate it. :)

The car is gorgeous and you've found the best place for information and help from people that really know their Supras. I've learned more than I ever thought I could and I still know nothing in comparison.

Welcome!

suprabob

Sep 10, 2008
Newport, RI
suprarx7nut;1154468 said:
First and foremost: Thank you for your service ::salute:: I sincerely appreciate it. :)

The car is gorgeous and you've found the best place for information and help from people that really know their Supras. I've learned more than I ever thought I could and I still know nothing in comparison.

Welcome!

Thanks for the salute, it really means alot to us. I saw your post about replacing and improving the clarity of the interior lights so I started taking apart my dash the other day and didn't have the right type of lights but I just wanted to make sure I could take it apart and put it back together again. I'm going to get some of the LEDs and hopefully fix some of the burnt out bulbs with your instructional guide. Thanks for posting that fix!

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
suprabob;1154463 said:
Thanks bro. Military housing is a sweet deal and I've got about 2 years left before I retire out and get my own place. How long were you in?

my wife has been enlisted for 6.5 years now, and i'll tell you that air force has great housing. we had to buy a house off base because katrina destroyed all housing on keesler afb. unfortunately we moved there one week before the storm and got to choose a house but then it was flooded. kinda like a sick joke:3d_frown:

i do have a great appreciation for all who serve, and i enjoy hearing all about the different bases from her co-workers and old neighbors on base. thank you for your service sir.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprabob;1153115 said:
Thanks for the reply. Your ride is very sweet! I read your post that's hyperlinked and you sound alot like me in that we were both too young to be able to afford this type of car in the early 90's and probably wouldn't have taken care of it the way we should have back then. Anyway, I'm on a mission to restore and maintain this ride the best I can. Where did you get the bump stops for your hatch? Mine are also cracked and it rattles a little also.

So far I've had to replace the valve cover gasket (had it done at Toyota), I replaced the air filter, some vacuum hoses and the rear shocks. The car is awesome and I'm learning a ton from people on this site. Thanks again for the reply.

Yep! I probably would've trashed the car being 22 years old with a new supra. I'm just proud I got the chance to experience a BRAND NEW supra, even if it was just for 30 minutes.

Those bump stops for your hatch are still available from Toyota. Use either Champion Toyota or Elhurst as you can get everything discounted. If not they are usually around $15 a piece. You'd be surprised what all you can still get from toyota. Order new screws for them too as you'll more than likely destroy the old one trying to take them out. Toyota put lock tight around them and they are a royal bitch to remove without stripping the heads.

Start a build/picture gallery thread in the build up section. We are a very visual group of people and like lot's of pictures.