High Pressure head gaskets, valve seats, and posi-grip clutches oh my!

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
"boost adj to 20 psi w/ boost and air/fuel gauges"

Dude I need to find some of those gauges that adjust your boost FOR you. Ultra JDM tizzyte, I'll tell you what.

Guaranteed this guy is gettin about 200 hp back there to his "custom" wheels. It might have felt like 625 rwhp when he was breaking traction in the ice during the winter...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
he didnt say the gauge adjusted it for him...
he has the boost at 20psi.

he also has a boost gauge, and an a/f gauge..

i dont see why your talkin so much shit about a car, granted i have no idea who that dude is... or if hes legit, but if he really has 650HP, then he can say whatever he wants... cause theres not a lot of people actually pushing 650hp...

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i wonder what turbo he has in the car...

Mad JDM ct-26 @ 20 psi / 600+ HP fo realz yo :sarcasm:

he really didn't add a lot of details to the ad

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I dont think anyone in spokane has anywhere close to 600 hp anymore, I helped build what Im pretty sure was the only supra to ever push close to that in spokane. I now have the motor sitting in a shop as the car was totalled. No one who has 600 hp has an af gauge, they are worthless and if he did I think I would have heard about his car by now.

I bet he does have a super tyte jdm turbo, probably one of the good ones from an mr2 :biglaugh:

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
if you have a wideband, and you like to make sure your car is running right... then how is an a/f gauge worthless?

i plan to have the AEM UEGO in plain site to monitor my engine...

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
a wideband and an a/f gauge are very different things, I have an aem wideband, but an a/f gauge is just a fancy light show doesnt tell you a thing. In all reality it is a nice car I think I have seen it in person, Spokane is not that big and I drive for both my jobs so if theres a supra here Iv probably seen it. I dont think its worth 9500 thought, I dont think he even listed miles and doesnt sound the least bit knowleagable about his car.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
Rennat;960597 said:

i dont see why your talkin so much shit about a car, granted i have no idea who that dude is... or if hes legit, but if he really has 650HP, then he can say whatever he wants... cause theres not a lot of people actually pushing 650hp...

...And I don't see why you're so strongly standing up for it. It's an incredibly clean Mkiii with sick wheels and gauges, and probably other mods. You're right, in my opinion, a guy with 650 rwhp can paint his car hot pink with wood side paneling and it'll still be pretty sick. We're just makin fun of the owner, not the car. It's all in good fun, brother. No worries.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
87mgte;960700 said:
...And I don't see why you're so strongly standing up for it. It's an incredibly clean Mkiii with sick wheels and gauges, and probably other mods. You're right, in my opinion, a guy with 650 rwhp can paint his car hot pink with wood side paneling and it'll still be pretty sick. We're just makin fun of the owner, not the car. It's all in good fun, brother. No worries.

whats wrong with a hot pink car with wood paneling?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Rennat;960597 said:

I agree with your comments.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
GC89;960691 said:
a wideband and an a/f gauge are very different things, I have an aem wideband, but an a/f gauge is just a fancy light show doesnt tell you a thing. In all reality it is a nice car I think I have seen it in person, Spokane is not that big and I drive for both my jobs so if theres a supra here Iv probably seen it. I dont think its worth 9500 thought, I dont think he even listed miles and doesnt sound the least bit knowleagable about his car.

You know...Supra owners like you devalue our Supras worth. You live in Spokane, why don't you call the dude up and go check the car out in person and then post what it has and don't have. This will cut down the internet bashing and foolish arguments about something none of us has any clue about.:aigo:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Seriously

ther eis a freaking phone number there. Instead of yapping away on here. Call the seller and verify!!

Did we get overrun with dumbasses all of a sudden? Seriously! :mad:

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I dont think anyone who thinks the 7m has head gasket(s) is legit, especially "high pressure" ones and Im not even going to try to wrap my brain around how a posi-grip clutch would work. Its all in good fun, It is a beautiful car and I wouldnt mind owning it but you could do better alot better for $9500.