High Flow Catalytic Converters

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
gaboonviper85;1527737 said:
You sure about that bud?

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

You sure about that bud?

shit id hope if your spending like 600 on the whole exhaust....

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Nope its just for the exhaust. You have to get a cat separate. Not all countries laws are the same and some cars are off road only so they dont put cats on every exhaust.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
dubsupra209;1527981 said:

My Full exhaust system "retail" would cost $1,180 ish....blitz nur spec cat back $650, cat $80, bic divorced downpipe $450!

I've spent about $700 on it as I did a trade for the blitz nur spec.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
dubsupra209;1527981 said:

I just bought a Tanabe from Aaron, and you're $600 does NOT include a cat. However, for your $600, you get a a VERY NICE exhaust! :D

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Ive got 3.5" exhaust all the way back. Threw in a3.5" high flow cat for emissions and didnt have any problems passing

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
The funny thing is, a majority of us CA guys will always get noticed for 1 glaring thing: front license plate not being there. Then it's all just downhill, haha.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
ummm, just put it on then?? I dont like mine either but its not worth being pulled over 2-3 times a week

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
haha yea i was lookim at random technologies high flow cat. its like 247. i was hoping not to spend that much on just the cat itself but if its the best ill get it. are there any other options? i heard theres a magnaflow one for like 80 bucks..would that get to pass smog?!

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
YoungGunSupra;1528311 said:
haha yea i was lookim at random technologies high flow cat. its like 247. i was hoping not to spend that much on just the cat itself but if its the best ill get it. are there any other options? i heard theres a magnaflow one for like 80 bucks..would that get to pass smog?!

Yes it will pass smog, I have one from magna flow.

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
Koenigturbo;1528480 said:
Yes it will pass smog, I have one from magna flow.

Oh sweet! would you happen to have the part number for it? or direct me to where you bought it? also how much did you pay for it? if you dont mind me asking. Thanks!

And to BICauseian.. thats awesome. i dont recall but you said it was a magnaflow one right? would you be able to find out what the cell count of the cat is? i was told some high flow cats have only 100 cells while the random technology has 300cells which is why its such a free flowing cat as well as being able to pass california emissions

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Goosh,... that was a while ago, I belive I did indeed paided right around $80.ish for it. Unfortunatly I can't remember were I got it from, I bought it from some internet store from Georgia. I know what good did I do, I'll try to find it later. Yes, I did pass with this cat twice.
At the smog place: No, I never said to the tech "hey do me a favor, look the other way"

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
A universal cat will not bolt on to your car, you will have to go to a muffler shop and buy two flanges, two gaskets, their shop labour to weld it up, and install it.......or get a bolt on.

Last edited:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
YoungGunSupra;1528528 said:
Oh sweet! would you happen to have the part number for it? or direct me to where you bought it? also how much did you pay for it? if you dont mind me asking. Thanks!

And to BICauseian.. thats awesome. i dont recall but you said it was a magnaflow one right? would you be able to find out what the cell count of the cat is? i was told some high flow cats have only 100 cells while the random technology has 300cells which is why its such a free flowing cat as well as being able to pass california emissions

Hey sorry, I can't seem to find the part number any where, I don't have a reciept from the purchase.... forget I said eighty bucks, Thats probaly a big mistake ...Sorry

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
TomFraser;1528606 said:
Seems like the number one solution to these problems is registering the car in Nevada... I'm not well educated on the subject but this is what I'd be looking into doing.

In order to do that you have to either have a po box or have a address there so that the state of neveda knows that your living there in order for you to get plates. Not as easy as it seems.

The plus side to that is that in nevada if the car is over 20 years old you can register it as a street rod and smog it once then just drive 2500 miles or less a year(or get another cluster and wind the speed with a drill) and all you have to do is go in once a year for them to check milage.