Hi. New to supras and the site :)

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Just sayin hi everyone! :)

Looks like a great site with lots of useful information and discussions. Looking forward to learning from you guys and sharing my knowledge as well.

Recently bought an 89 NA 5 speed targa for $800. Almost no rust, 230k running very good. Bought it knowing it probably had a BHG, especially since I could smell coolant and the low coolant reserve light was on.

Long story short, replaced repaired the BHG and noticed the engine was still in pretty good shape. Replaced a few other things, like timing belt etc. Now it's my daily driver and runs like a charm. Car was well taken care of by it's previous owners. Coated like mad underneath with undercoat. Also came with two sets of 16" supra tires/rims. Rounded 5-spoke for summer tires and the ugly 80's style rims with the small vents for the snow tires. (Yes, I'm driving it in winter, cause I ain't scared. lol. I have 7 years + of autocross, touge, lapping, and ice racing under my belt. I know how to handle a car and I'm not afraid to get sideways...hehe.)

I come from the civic scene of 6 years and it's good to get back to my RWD roots (used to drive pick up trucks back in the day). You can find me on http://www.civicforumz.com/ as one of the admins.

Loving the Supra and get lots of looks as they are a rare breed around these parts (Toronto Ontario, Canada). It's actually the first Toyota I've owned. Decently quick, handles great with near 50/50 weight distribution, despite it's colossal curb weight of 3400lbs or so. Anyways you guys already know all the specs.

Hoping to keep this car for a long time. RWD 4 life! :naughty:

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
^Excellent!

Thanks for the welcomes.

I would LOVE to go NA-T but as a daily driver, I need this car to be as reliable and good on gas as possible. Perhaps I'll pick up another MA70 in a few years and go nuts on it...