Hey guys new to 7m gte

_Darth_vaider_

Aug 27, 2014
California
Hey guys I recently did a swap from ge to get on my 86.5 and I have a couple questions.
1. I'm getting a a-pillar podmount for boost gauge and that leaves an open spot. What other gauge can I put in. Our better asked do you recommend?

2. I was thinking I could r run the oil cooler lines to the radiator where the a/t lines are supposed to go instead of installing an oil cooler. Would that work?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I wouldn't recommend it if your going to to it might as well do it right and take the time/money to go to a full thermostat cooler system.

Read these:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?31378-Ways-to-cure-7M-oiling-issues
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ostat-Controlled-Oil-Cooler-amp-Remote-Filter

At the very least go to a junk yard and hunt around. You can easily find an oil or trans cooler that is 3x the size of the factory one for a few bucks if you choose to stick with the stock pressure controlled system.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Are you planning to further modify the GTE motor? There's many more types of gauge you can use to monitor your engine as you like but it depends on how far you want to modify the GTE. You could use the bottom portion of the radiator as a cooler for the oil but IDK if it is any better than the stock oil cooler.

The stock cooler is easily sourced and if you're intending to just keep it stock then i'd just stick with an used OEM cooler. I happen to have one if you're interested :)

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Then I'll suggest taking GC89 advice and go ahead with a full thermostat cooler system. And as far as another gauge you can start with a Wideband to monitor your AF or aftermarket oil pressure/ temp if you're going to add that cooler system.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Wideband AF,Oil Pressure and Temp are the most critical 3 measurements.

Then again by the time you notice any of them being critical its usually too late.......... :/