Hesitation when getting on the gas.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hey guys just wondering what you guys thing the problem could be coming from. The car hesitates when getting on the gas. And we noticed the CPS is leaking, now could that be the problem? The car got put back together after I came home from deployment. Upgrades are: Albert ct26 57trim, DM 11psi wastegate, ported head, new valve seals, OEM headgasket, full exhaust, 3'' pipping and apexi intake, running 11psi. Theres other parts but nothing performance wise. Need help on what to do. Looking to just go 560cc and AFM upgrade to see if that clears the hesitation.

BloodRayne7M

Jan 28, 2014
in that area
What do you mean the cps is leaking? I presume you are referring to oil leaking around the seal? Most definitely fix that, but also check to make sure you don't have a vacuum leak. The extra air being drawn in that hasn't been accounted for will cause a lean mixture, thus not enough fuel to burn, thus no power, ie hesitation. Start with that before you get too far into pulling it all apart.

h20dies

Jun 12, 2013
Illinois
You're running very lean.. get 550's and afm and fix that cps. Running lean could do damage.

Last edited:

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
So im getting 550cc injectors cleaned out, and putting in the lexus AFM upgrade, do i really need the fuel pump and AFPR? Or when i install the injectors and AFM would i be good.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i know everyone says you need the pump and afpr BUT, i ran my car with the lex/550 combo for quite a while with good afr's.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
The original lex/550 mod did not include changes to the rest of the fuel system, but did require that the AFM bypass screw be modified. The AFPR is another way to tune that gets around the bypass screw. You can pick your poison.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
So if i get the DM AFPR kit, do i need anything else? And is this a must 7M Fuel Dampener Bypass Hose? And does the kit come with everything i need?
Aeromotive AFPR Kit for 7M-GTE