Hesitation at 3500rpm

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
I have noticed when I accelerate in any gear at low boost 10 or hight boost 15 when the engine reaches 3500 rpm there is a slight hesitation and as soon as it passes as if there is a fuel or igntion cut this region it runs fine . I have no codes, replaced TPS sensor and ignitter. There ones another person with the same symptoms and he thought the problem was due to the faulty ACIS. Could I have bad coils?

built 7mgte 60 trim comp, 10°clip exh ct26 ,91 octane california gas, lex AFM /550's AFPR, no egr, cat, coal canister, or bs

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
no acis on the gte. dont know how severe or a hesitation you are talking about. but thats right around the crossover point of 9v/12v to the fuel pump. mine used to do that until i did the 12v for the pump.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
make sure there is no leaking going on between the afm and turbo. Though it sounds more complicated than that check it out. I had problems like this when i reassembled my motor. I ended up disassembling half the motor again but it was actually my accordian leaking

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
thanks for the input guys. I will try the fuel pump and run constant 12 volts and check for any leaks.