here's a new one

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
so, my brake fluid is starting to go down a little at a time. i checked the calipers, and the master and there's no signs of leaks. the car is rust free, and all the lines look great. does anyone have any idea where it might be going?
i was thinking maybe there's a leak inside the booster, but i'm not sure.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Well watch for drips. If it was leaking around the master cylinder or booster there would be a drip on the bottom more than likely. I'm kinda new with supra's but doesn't the rear e brake operate like a drum brake? If the e brake has a brake cylinder then I bet that has gone bad. Or try checking that all the bleeders are closed. Thats just my thoughts.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i thought it was the pads getting low, but it has happened again after only a week. also, there's no fluid under the master cylinder.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Inspect the bleeder valves for wetness. Inspect the brake line connections for wetness. Inspect the brake master for wetness. If all is dry, then my bet is on the booster.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Brake master has a seal between it and the booster. If it leaks, guess where it goes...

Loosen the nuts holding the master to the booster and pull it forward and check for leaks.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
check the rear seal on the master. odds are your booster is filling with fluid. if you look under the booster where the master joins, the brake fluid will disolve the paint.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
bioskyline;1746837 said:
check the rear seal on the master. odds are your booster is filling with fluid. if you look under the booster where the master joins, the brake fluid will disolve the paint.

or it just starts to fill the booster, ruining it, and then the brake fluid gets sucked into the engine causing major issues...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Like I said, there's a seal between the master and the booster. Gotta pull the master away from the booster to see if it's leaking there or not.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
planemos;1746893 said:
Holy fukin shit! Really? Cuz I had a muffler and brake shop do my brakes and the mechanic said I don't need that seal between the booster and m. cylinder.

Toyota had a purpose for it when they put it there...

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
planemos;1746893 said:
Holy fukin shit! Really? Cuz I had a muffler and brake shop do my brakes and the mechanic said I don't need that seal between the booster and m. cylinder.

DerpDurrDog.jpg

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
well, it's just as i feared. i need a new master cylinder. it showed no signs of leaking, but when i pulled it away from the booster it was wet inside. oh well. i called 5 local parts stores, and nothing. looks like i'll be ordering one.