HERE WE GO.....Bye Nurse, Hello SPeed...

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
new88sup4me;1252144 said:
Ok, i got my mics in, im measuring out my pistons tonight, and will be hitting my crank this weekend, i also listened and got a couple of boxes of plastigage.
Whats with the bearing sizes??? Im using "alldata" and it says that all the bearings are different sizes..does anyone know if its a single oversize? of it its individual?
ANd does anyone know of a wiring harness refurbisher? or someone to get an oem replacement from??

Just look at the back of the bearing shell it should be printed or stamped on there

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
CyFi6;1252295 said:
Just look at the back of the bearing shell it should be printed or stamped on there[/QUOTE

Ok, on Alldata im showing a "connecting rod bearing center wall thickness"

Then i have 5 different sizes listed
.0587-.0589
and ending at
.0595-.0596
Now i know its only 15 ten thousands at a time, BUT wtf am i measuring, OR does this Matter?
And i have basicly the same thing for "main bearing center wall thickness"
ANyone?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
The funny thing is every now and again the dodgy engine build is the one that last forever and won't die, luck with it matey hope you get a decent run out of it and not just seize on start up.

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
alright so i dropped my new "standard size bearings into place, and dropped my crank in....i have .oo9 clearance....annoying, i know it can opperate at .oo9 but it will depend on my oil thickness also.
what i dont understand is why is it so large, the spec is .0015 -.oo7 i need to check the limit....

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
new88sup4me;1253476 said:
alright so i dropped my new "standard size bearings into place, and dropped my crank in....i have .oo9 clearance....annoying, i know it can opperate at .oo9 but it will depend on my oil thickness also.
what i dont understand is why is it so large, the spec is .0015 -.oo7 i need to check the limit....

just get a set of oversize and get the crank and rods machined.It's fairly cheap for just that.

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
anyone know of a machine shop in houston that can handle this? The one i callled wanted close to 500 dollars to turn and balance and bearing it. If most are going to want that much money i may have to wait. :(

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
I got mine done at a machine shop here for $160. Really, turning, polishing and matching bearings is all they can do. If you want a really good balance, they would need your pistons and rods to weigh them so they know what they need to do on the crank counter-weights. Even then, unless you change your pistons and/or rods, balancing isnt 100% necessary.

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
BAck again, been busy with school, did a lil more research, and found out that i just need to order a set of .010 Over bearings, for my .010 under crank, no biggy.
Havent had a chance to do much of anything, had to change the front pump seal on my Jeep trans, and im now in the middle of doing the same to my ford explorer. I know that is time for major tear downs on both of those anyway. Im just hoping that they will last long enough for the 2010 Dodge ram 1500's to come out.... Turbo Diesel goodness, ill have more info come monday. See ya

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
alright i havent had time to post much of anything at all on here Lately ive been Busy getting my Cummins Engine Certifications, the supra is on the baack burner for a lil while due to time, and money, but i think about it and you guys daily, so i hope to have some work done on it this month, hit me up if you wanna talk
Nick

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
Alright to all of those that have been laughing and scoffing over the past year or so, im back and now i have a Day job, im in washington state bremerton area workin on Bangor triton base, same rules apply, if i can help i will, my wife is bringing the engine and trans up to washington for me, and im leaving the shell with a buddy north of houston,
i should have the engine built with in the year, i slapped the oversized bearings and it tightened up the clearences quite well if i remember correctly, ill keep you guys posted as the info comes in
Nick

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
so why would you spend $50 in calipers, and do all the work to check clearances when you can buy $2 worth of plastigage and check them that way? whats hard about putting a piece on the crank and torquing the caps down?

and your clearance is big because of the rk