HELP!!

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Recently I had a problem with my AFM. Borrowed one from a frien of mine and now i have codes 25 and 26, a rich and lean mixture. There are code 54's burnning as well, that tells me the knock sensors are detecting the knocks and what not.

Have replaced:
AFM
Oxygen sensor. Fuel pressure is good. I have the K&N filter which to my stupididty lead to the death of my old AFM. The CEL has been on for rougly 3 weeks.

Anyone?

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
Did you ohm out the Air Flow Meter per instructions of the TSRM?

Maybe while installing that K&N filter you aggravated an existing condition with the AFM's wiring, seeming like the K&N filter caused the problem but in reality it was from a gorilla install. Just purely speculation.

That's a red flag for sure, replacing part with known good and still getting the same codes........

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The dreaded code 25/26. These don't happen often and can be difficult to resolve. I'll get back to this when I have more time.

There is no code 54. I assume you mean 52 or 53 which means a knock system problem. Neither will be set from sensing knock. The O2 sensor is polarized but you can't hook it up wrong. Just be sure the O2 signal wire is going to it's proper mate on the harness and not connected to either of the two heater wires, which are not polarity sensitive.

What was the "problem" you had with the original AFM?

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
My bad jet, you are right there is a 52, not a 54. I ohmed out the AFM it was good but my concern lies with the vortices that are generated by the AFM. Nearest thing i could figure was the oil from the KN had transfered to the electronics. that was the problem i had with the old AFM. I removed the filter and replaced the electronics. New o2 sensor as well. The codes are sparatic at best.

Driving conditions change as do the apperance of the codes. sometimes it will be instant others it will be 15 minutes worth of driving untill they flash.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Frank Rizzo said:
Did you ohm out the Air Flow Meter per instructions of the TSRM?

Maybe while installing that K&N filter you aggravated an existing condition with the AFM's wiring, seeming like the K&N filter caused the problem but in reality it was from a gorilla install. Just purely speculation.

That's a red flag for sure, replacing part with known good and still getting the same codes........
the gorilla install you speak not there. It was a simple reoil of the filter and running of the car. No overnight drying of the filter as per K&N I figured it would not harm if any. I was wrong. The filter had been in place for over two years with no problems.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I would check for a cracked AFM wire or intermittent connector. Try jiggling the harness and connector while you have your multimeter attached. It may also be temp sensitive, so try testing it hot and cold. Still, it's a long shot for a code 25/26 problem.