help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
hello everyone
my problems are as follows...i've looked everywhere for wiring diagrams for my radio, and i've found a few..but i cannot figure out wut all tha wires do...i got some from installdr.com, and i even got a wiring diagram from toyota...but it just showed tha wires wit numbers, and no colors :(...so does n e one have a wiring diagram which shows or tells wut color does wut? my harness was cut when i got it, so i dont hav tha connector 2 just plug and play...secondly, i was told that there is no hole in the firewall, and that if i wanted 2 run it i would run it thru the main harness loom in the firewall, or thru the fender...i ran my 4 guage wire through the fender, but it shows when u open the door...is my main wiring harness hole the only option 2 hav it not show? secondly, i have a tach with a shift lite (kinda ricey but i like it so don't hate)...but i bought it as an open box item, so it has no instructions, and its obviously been used...but i called splitfire and no one could help me...tha tach has three things coming outa it, each "thing" is a little piece of rubber wit wires coming outa it two of them hav a brown and blu wire coming outa them, and tha other one has green (acc) red (power) and black(grnd) and 2 yellow wires connected 2 tha shift lite...i am assuming thats wut those wires do, now i kno u hav 2 connect tha other wires 2 tha distributor(which tha turbo cars dont hav i just cant seem 2 figure out tha name of it rite now ;)) do u know where those 2 brown and 2 blu wires connect? i kno its a longshot but its worth a shot. and my last q is kinda related 2 tha first...im installing my turbo timer, and all my guages 2morrow...i need 2 kno if i can't run thhose wires and tha boost guage n e where except for my door..cus that loox funky and i like my shit clean
thanx guys
peace

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
supraman7mgte said:
wut u need 2 du is get a cut shet from a stero inst. shop.thir they mite hav all thi in4 on thi kulrs u ned 2 huk up yir stereo

ok what in the f*&% does that say

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
dont you know ita JdM TyTe to talk like that? but yea go to best buy or something like that and they should have a premade harness for your application.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
He can't use a pre-made harness because his was cut. I had the same problem as him when I got my supra. I used the diagram below to fix mine, but I’ve been told that you can go to Toyota and get a "theft repair kit". It's supposed to have a replacement end for your harness. There was no Toyota dealer near me so I went this rout. Hope it helps.

p22774_1.jpg

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
Anybody have a diagram for the amplified radio? I know that it has 3 harness ends. Got a diagram for it? I'm planning on installing a 92 factory cd player in my 87 and would like to know what I have in store for me.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
damn this would have saved me quite a few fuses when I installed my stereo... I just did the good ole guess and check... it worked... until the third time someone broke into my car and tried to get it... they finally took the faceplate... the first two times they realized they couldn't get the cd player so they left the faceplate...

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
What the &@#% is the point of substituting "n e" for the word "any"... LOL!!

You don't really want to start messing around with the connection between Toyota head units and their amps. There are quite a few variations of connectors, but they are all in the end using the same basic set of signals.

But, if you really want to, here is the pinout of the 14pin connector used in the 90-93 Toyota radios/amp setups.

90supra-ampwiring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.