help with taking off the steering wheel

trd3298

Jan 31, 2012
los angeles
so im taking off the steering wheel to put on my new nrg setup i removed the casing around behind the wheel took off the center of the wheel and removed the center bolt but every time i pull on the steering wheel to take it off the whole column comes at me dont know if this is normal and idk what im missing did i not take off another important bolt please help heres a link to a vid so you can see what happens sorry for the cell phone quality

http://s430.photobucket.com/albums/qq25/awesomeluis/?action=view&current=supraa.mp4

trd3298

Jan 31, 2012
los angeles
i did i got the steering wheel off now i havee another question for anybody whos dont the nrg setup there are wired with ring that get 'in the way do i just cit the wires?? didnt really want to do that is there another way i saw no clip that connected the wires heres photos any sugestions??

p1871889_1.png

p1871889_2.png

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You need to upload pictures big enough to see. Those are tiny. If you're using a cell phone, turn the camera quality to max and don't use zoom. Then use photobucket to upload them. If you have a smartphone they even have an app.

Maybe post some pictures of the hub kit you got too, so we can see what you're trying to connect.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Your going to need that piece there if you want cruise/horn to work. Have to trim the connector so the hub fits and then run the horn wires through the hub.

Stu_22

Mar 27, 2006
England
I've just fitted a nrg hub and quick release

I left the ring but cut the connector back and just left the single pin for the horn(ditched cruise cont)

The only problem I have is the hub is too big for the plastic steering column/hub surround I've started filing it out but I thing it's just too big for that