Help with PLX wideband system

hammerhead

Sep 10, 2005
Belize
Before we pulled my engine apart I was trying to get the wideband system to work. I had it hooked up with the ECU using the signal from the wideband 02 sensor, but it did not run correct.

Now I wonder, isn't it just simpler to add another bung and separate the wideband and stock sensors? are there any real advantages to having just one sensor? If putting in another bung, where? in the turbo elbow?

The engine is out right now, but assembly has started, to I'm starting to work on the electronics while my mechanic works on the engine.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
There's a WB output and a narrow band emulation output on the PLX (I have the PLX 300). If you are using the stock ECU, you have the use the NB output emulation in conjunction with a pair of resistors in the wiring from the PLX to the ECU. Check to be sure you are using the correct output.

Also, make sure you are looking at the pins correctly on the engine harness. It wouldn't be the 1st time if you looked at the harness side female pins instead of the male side (the correct way) on the ECU ;)