help with n/a on turbo electronics.

demolition man

Jul 15, 2007
ct
ok heres the story, i have a 91 turbo, when i first got it the egine was beyond repair rod threw the block, lmao . so i picked up a rebuilt stock n/a engine with a metal head gasket. i am running the n/a engine now on turbo electronics. the engine runs fine once i get it to idel correctly, but every time i start her up it wont stay running, it will stay at like 800-900 rpm then die out. one i give it a little gas it corrects itself and then will run fine, it sounds like the afm is allowing to much air in, i thought that because i have n/a injectors that might be a problem, just lookin for others opinions thanks.

mk3supra

Apr 22, 2005
Decatur, IL
www.supramania.com
Has the battery died/been taken out recently? If this is the case, it needs to relearn idle and you will need to give it a little bit of gas to keep it from dying and the RPMs will go up and down while its doing this.

demolition man

Jul 15, 2007
ct
thanks thats probly the problem i keep throwning the battery out of my other car into it to start it up, i notice after a give it some gas it corrects it self. and is does stat up fine until i take out the battery,

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Removing the battery once in a while won't cause a constant issue with the idle at startup. If it's only at startup the fuel pressure and CSI are the preliminary suspects.

demolition man

Jul 15, 2007
ct
an afm from a 90 turbo, if it sits for a day it will have the problem, but if i get it ideling right, it will start up and run fine even after i shut her down for an hour.