Help with idling and electric problem

Oct 1, 2007
Chicago, Il
so i got my 7mgte power washed 2 days ago and when i came home i parked the car for about 2 hours. i came back out and started my car. when i started it it would rev up to between 2 and 2 and a half grand rmp and then drop back down to one and do the same thing all within 2 seconds. when i rev the engine myself number one the throttle feels way to sensative and after reving it up it drops down to under a grand rpm and feels like its going to die. i was messing with it all day today i changed the spark plugs cause i could have gotten water into it and i changed the vacuum hoses. after i changed the vacuum hoses i tried starting the car and i got no power to any electronics at all. my lights still flip up and down and i tested the battery and its giving off power. i was able to start it about thirty min later without a problem, turned it off and it wouldnt start again. does anyone have any idea on my two problems, 1 being the idle thing and 2 the electronic problem. also when i got the car to start the second time i reved it up a little and all my electronics inside turned off but the engine was still reving up and down from 1 up to like two and a half grand rpm, any help is appreciated. thanks

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
did you cover your battery fuse box ect when power washing? I did the same and blew fire out the exhaust for about a day. I got alot of water in the plug valley, but it sounds similair to a vac leak i had, changed my throttle body and the gasket blew. My rpms did the exact same thing. I would check for a vac leak.

Oct 1, 2007
Chicago, Il
ndial2498;1368905 said:
did you cover your battery fuse box ect when power washing? I did the same and blew fire out the exhaust for about a day. I got alot of water in the plug valley, but it sounds similair to a vac leak i had, changed my throttle body and the gasket blew. My rpms did the exact same thing. I would check for a vac leak.

No i forgot to cover the battery fuse box, but the relay seemed to be workin fine. i changed a lot of my vac hoses already and still cant seem to find the problem. was it the throttle body on yours the got bad after the power wash?