Help with identifying wire... Pictures inside. Thanks in advance.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Can anyone verify that the cut wire is indeed a ground wire? I think that is what it looks like per the TSRM diagram, but wanted to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Also is there a location for which it should be grounded to, engine or chassis?

Thanks in advance guys! Much appreciated.
PHT5YGG.jpg

SULr2KQ.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
That looks strange. The insulation looks a little too loose to be the factory Toyota wiring. There's a ground wire in that area that should mount to the intake manifold/plenum.

Do you have anything grounded to the intake manifold on the underside? It'll be hard to see.

I'd do a resistance check between that wire and ground or that wire and the E1 port of the check connector. It should be connected to those if it is the intake ground.

Intake ground point shown as "B" here. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=26

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
IndigoMKII;2009274 said:

Unfortunately, that's not an option any longer.

tweak'd said:
Effective Jan 2012, the OEM has DISCONTINUED certain connector housings for the 7MGTE wiring harness. Therefore, we will use good condition, used connectors sourced from core harnesses. The connectors that we have to reuse are: knock sensor plugs, injector resistor pack plug, MAF plug, TPS plug, and noise filter plug. No other option exists at this time.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
It's wired into the harness appears about the level of the injectors. I'll do the resistance check, thanks for the tip.

And I'd love to find a new TPS connector among some other connectors.

Thanks for the tips guys.