Help request- Car leans out when headlights are on

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
Mods is 1jz, single turbo with supporting mods, 440s and stinger EMS. Everything else is stock including alternator. 2JZ mechanical fan also.

Car is well grounded with 0 gauge and wiring are all done correctly. Car is tuned by a well repped shop and at cruising the af is at the 14.5 give or take nicely. At idle we had to leave it around 13 af with dipping into the 12s.

My problem is when I turn on my headlights at night to drive my idle af is now mid to high 14s and my cruising af is high 14s to mid 15s with sometime spiking high 15s and into the low 16s. What can be the problem? Car is OVERKILL grounded and everything was done right. On the dyno the wideband in my car matches the wideband used by the dyno machine. Wideband is still new. The af is fine with the lights off and I do not want to rich up the car anymore for durning the day drive.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
If you had to leave your car idling rich with 440 injectors something is wrong with the car, and I bet its not as well grounded as you think it is. That or check the power feed to the fusebox. I've seen those wires break the wire strands from the battery not being bolted in and moving around. Looking at the wire it seems fine though.