Help! Radio, Lumbar, Blower Motor, Power mirrors and windows do not work!

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Well I finally got the interior all back together on the Supra today, but there are some issues that have sprung up and I have no idea where to start. When I parked it for the winter, everything worked on the inside. Now today, I fired it up, and I noticed that the blower motor, the radio, the lumbar supports, and the power mirrors and windows are not working at all. I find this very strange especially with the windows. When I reach over to the passenger side, the window will go down, but not back up. Neither switches work on the drivers side. I have not taken the door panels off, so that has not been messed with. I am sure it is something simple, but I am not sure where to look.

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
I just took all of that stuff out of my car to transfer into my new shell, there are a lot of plugs are you sure you got em all? Sounds like you might have missed one of the interior grounds

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
If you don't have the hazards plugged in, a few things won't work. There is also a plug (two?) under the center console that needs plugged in...

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
I took the center console off, and sure enough, I forgot to plug in both connectors. As far as the blower motor, the connector came a little loose. And the radio had a blown inline fuse, and the windows just started working again. So all is good and the supra is re-insured and back on the road!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Congrats on getting the Supra back in line. :)

As far as the passenger window, DJT, I had the same issue with my car this past weekend. Was rather sporadic... perhaps our wiring just needs some attention after all these years, could be a bit of grime on the connections?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
te72;1693049 said:
Congrats on getting the Supra back in line. :)

As far as the passenger window, DJT, I had the same issue with my car this past weekend. Was rather sporadic... perhaps our wiring just needs some attention after all these years, could be a bit of grime on the connections?

Yea, Will do friday! Today im working on the MK2's clutch etc. I haven't had time to take a look, but finally i have Friday & Saturday off!

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

northdakotakid;1693057 said:
Thanks man!

D.J.T. I would start there, clean up all connectors and see where that leads you.

yea exactly my thoughts. its embarrassing really. I haul LOTS Of female ass in that car... you have no idea how many girls have said "hey your window doesn't work." lmao