HELP!!! popping noise when coming to a stop

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't where I'm suppose to ask for help on suspension issues, but like the title states, almost every time I come to a stop, like the last few feet, I would hear a loud popping noise, you can also feel it in the gas pedal, totally from the front end of the car. So I checked my front lower ball joints, and found they had excessive movements, so I thought, hey, this could be it. But I just replaced both front lower ball joints from toyota, but no changes to it. The rest of my suspension looks ok, no torn bushings or excessive movement, I know my rack-n-pinion boots are torn, but I don't think it's possible to cause a popping noise. Any ideas, or have you guys ran into this situation? Some advise would be awesome, thanks in advance

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
If you feel it when coming to a stop, then how can you feel it in the gas pedal? Have you checked the wheel bearings for excessive play? Take a look at the brakes(calipers and pads) and or the write up on breaks here on the forum.http://www.supramania.com/forums/co...ke-Disc-and-Other-Myths-of-the-Braking-System
If it only does it when your braking, there's nothing else going on but breaking and the wheels rolling. Does it ever happen at any other time?

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
Well, brakes are good, and I didn't mean gas pedal but the brake pedal. And it's not that I feel it just in the pedal, but you can actually feel it in the body(front area), its just that with my feet contacted with the pedal, you can feel it. And it only does it when I'm coming to a slow stop, not so much hard braking. I feel like when I come to a stop, the weight shifts to the front, and when that happens, it pops. So I don't think it's the brakes. Any other suggestions?

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
Alright guys, so I looked at the brakes, everything is good. BUt what I found out was that these rotors I got from autozone(cheap), the holes that the studs go through, are pretty big, and so when I brake, it shifts and hits the studs. First I didn't think it was possible with my wheels tightened on, that the rotors would be able to shift. But apparently it's possible.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's not possible unless your lug nuts were loose... Even factory the holes are oversized as it's not meant to be lug centric, it's hub centric.