Help Please

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Okay, I had some previous problems about car running rich and a/f gauge not working correctly. So just a few minutes ago I found the ecu pinout and unhooked negative batter wire, hooked up the a/f gauge to the o2 singal wire near ecu. Then I reset ecu to see if that would help with the problem of how it was running rich. Well when I started it back up, the a/f gauge is now working correctly, but it will barely idle and if i try to give it gas it just bogs down!! I have engine code now too, but not sure what it is, someone help please!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Check your codes.
Did you connect everything back together correctly? It sounds like the ECU isn't getting signal from the AFM...

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Ok I got codes
31 afm signal
41 tps

just for further info, i spliced into white wire on middle plug on the ecu, 3rd wire from the left on the top. thats the only thing i cut and its wired back together. any ideas?

Last edited:

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Another thing, I didn't get engine codes until like a minute or so after i started it back up and it seemed like after I let it run for another minute it was running a bit better and would rev a bit, but idle is still a litte rough. I don't want to leave it running w/o being sure whats going on though