Help OIL PRESSURE QUESTION REAL BAD

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
ok heres the deal i almost know my sending unit is the problem but just in theory how long would an engine last with 0 oil pressure at times lol like a day or two, well its been over a month and still running as good as always i might just swap to an after Market gauge too????

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
in theory, it could sieze at any moment. I dont understand the rationality of driving it without being 120% sure that its just ur sending unit and not 0 oil pressure. Thats pretty stupid in my opinion. Risking your whole motor just because you "almost know" :3d_frown:

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Toyotaxtreamteam said:
yea but without oil for a month it wouldve been dead see my point

If its good for one month, then it'll be good for another! :naughty:

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Mine fell off when I first got the car... 0 oil pressure isn't a problem as I have never heard of an oil pump FAILING; the only reason people get rod knock/engine seizing is because supra's like to leak/eat oil and they just didn't ever check their oil levels...

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
if the motor was actually ran with zero oil pressure it would have self destructed right away.

ive had the clip fall off of the OP sender and my heart skipped a beat and i almost shit my pants, as i was coming to a stop and i realized that the motor was still running fine, i knew it had to be the sender. took a look in there and sure enough the wire had fallen off.