Help? No spark again... >_<

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
I just finished my build and when we got everything all together there was a spark problem. We found what caused the problem and it was the coil pack ground being faulty at the plug. As im driving last night my car just dies sorta like I ran out of gas or no battery. We pushed it home as it didnt make sense for me to try and diagnose a problem on the side of a main road. I get it back and hook up my spark plug tester and find to my amazement NOT SPARK. I checked the connection of the ground that we fixed and the connection is good, and I didnt blow the ignitor fuse like I thought I did. I just finished reading through the ignition trouble shooting on the TSRM and almost all these avenues I have exhausted with no luck. I'm going to be doing the most I can when I get outta work tonight any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Wiggle the CPS connector while a helper starts the car.

Did you check the ECU codes?

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
jdub;1408804 said:
Wiggle the CPS connector while a helper starts the car.

Did you check the ECU codes?

By the time I got the car home it was about 1;30A and I played with the coil pack and plugged in the spark plugg tester. I will check the CPS tonight and see if the connection might be bad as we did have to solder the wires because the kid who had the motor prior to me wired a trailor light hitch plug for the cps :aigo:. Ill also check the codes and post them on here wheni get home as im at work right now.

garebear1319

Jul 7, 2009
MA
So With the help of lewis we found out the problem I blew the EFI fuse. (JDUB i went to pull codes and as u know with out this fuse the compute wont run so no codes and it confused me all night till lewis got here.) what seems to have happand tho is that my o2 sensor wire's were resting against the turbo outlet elbow and not in there correct spot on the hooks near the head. The melted together to made one big pretty wire >_< friday I have the day off im gunna go to the auto parts store and get some 14G wire and replace all the wires that are fried along with replacing the passanger side break caliper as its a little stuck. Thanks for the initiative JDUB and thanks lewis for helping.