help needed for upgrade parts

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
"This thread is repeated in the jz discussion threads because i didnt know where to put it"

Hey Supra people
Im almost finished with my exams and planning to order some parts from Driftmotion in the break.

Here are the parts and the issues:

1. Siemens 680cc Injectors
when they say domestic do they mean that they are for the 1jz.

2. The Driftmotion 1jz top feed Fuel Rail
What other parts will i need so i can install the rail and install the injectors in the rail.
and does it have a hole for the fuel regulator?

3. Driftmotion HKS cam gears
the cam gear is the tricky part. my first question is will i need two, or one will be enough?
does someone know how to install and adjust the setting?

please if you have pictures or anything that can help me with this dont hold back

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
3: i run 2. if your haveing head work done and using a thicker than stock hg, the timing belt geometry will go off. in a 5m i did the cams were half a tooth off, and 4 degress retarded ended uping being stock timing.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
I guess that i will leave the cam setting to a shop, i dont want to do things blindfolded.

but what about the first and second point? any comments?

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
1. "domestic" has to do with the size of the injector inlet, domestic is 14mm, import is 11mm, if I remember correctly. You'll need a fuel rail that matches with the injectors.
2. The fuel rail should have the mounting hardware and if it's a completed piece, it will have a return line for the afpr. You'll have modify the fuel lines you have so that they can be connected to the rail.