FMIC
intake mani + throttle body
crower 272 cams
682 cc injectors, dual walbro pumps and everything inbetween
lightweight flywheel
full 3" xhaust
tuned with a hks v pro.
theres many more little items.
Thanks for your help. please include what kit you voted for and why.

i must also add the t78 is slightly used and 2500 canadian opposed to 2500 american + shipping to canada and border fees (quickly becomes 3000-3500 for me). How much hp can a t78 produce? i've read 600 but that seems low.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I would rather run a bigger single. I dont wana have to do custom pipe work. Im kinda lazy. But i bought the t78 kit last night. Cant say no to the price, especialy wen im running low on $ to get my car done by summer. Also the gt35r is to small, 500 hp aint gona do it. the t78 will put down the 600+whp im hoping for.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
As long as you don't mind a little lag and want a lot of power the t78 seems suitable good luck with it! and get us those results!

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
We tried the Greddy T78 kit, it wasn't bad at all. If it was a good deal, then it should be a good choice.

You can always change the turbocharger later if you want something that spools faster.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
I will post #'s when i get them. Wont be for months tho. I dont think i will really notice the turbo lag (atleast not as much as others) I have only ran stock twins on a stock car. So a full rebuild and hopefully double the horsepower will probably be so fast ill love it anyway. How much shaft play is normal on a turbo? at first the shaft seemed 100% solid but i have noticed sum play. How much shaft play does a brand new turbo have? When does it become a real issue? Other than burning oil can it cause other problems?

935 have you shipped any of my second order? or are you waitin for it all to come in first?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
jz*supra said:
bic were in canada are you?

I am in B.C, just out of Vancouver.

Does any one have any true numbers about the gt35R on a 1jz, like dyno sheets spool time etc.... Everyone says its the sweetest setup, but I have found any hard facts yet. People post your results!!!!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
becauseican said:
I am in B.C, just out of Vancouver.

Does any one have any true numbers about the gt35R on a 1jz, like dyno sheets spool time etc.... Everyone says its the sweetest setup, but I have found any hard facts yet. People post your results!!!!

when Jay(suprahero) gets his car sorted out, we should know.

I'm interested as well.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
4082 with the .68 a/r Should be good for 450 to 475 with cams with great spool. It is also $400 cheaper than the 35R.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
haha i love how noone reads this thread and keeps telling me what turbo to buy. I bought the t78 kit couple days ago. Couldnt say no to a freshly rebuilt t78, with greddy manifold, hks wastegate, 3" downpipe and lines for 2500 canadian. I also am going to need a big turbo to get the #'s i want.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
jz*supra said:
haha i love how noone reads this thread and keeps telling me what turbo to buy. I bought the t78 kit couple days ago. Couldnt say no to a freshly rebuilt t78, with greddy manifold, hks wastegate, 3" downpipe and lines for 2500 canadian. I also am going to need a big turbo to get the #'s i want.

You bought the turbo you wanted anyway and it ended up being just a cost advantage followed by another justification, and strayed away from the original intent of the thread.

Great job.

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I didn't see anywhere in the post where you stated you had bought the T78. I thought you were still looking for opinions.

Bad choice for turbo but the greddy manifold and HKS wastegate is nice. You can always replace the turbo later. I had a Greddy T67 that I was going to use but I sold it because it is just a fat, lazy turbo compared to the new GT series.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
csnow said:
I didn't see anywhere in the post where you stated you had bought the T78. I thought you were still looking for opinions.

Bad choice for turbo but the greddy manifold and HKS wastegate is nice. You can always replace the turbo later. I had a Greddy T67 that I was going to use but I sold it because it is just a fat, lazy turbo compared to the new GT series.

jz*supra said:
I would rather run a bigger single. I dont wana have to do custom pipe work. Im kinda lazy. But i bought the t78 kit last night. Cant say no to the price, especialy wen im running low on $ to get my car done by summer. Also the gt35r is to small, 500 hp aint gona do it. the t78 will put down the 600+whp im hoping for.

Don't worry. I missed that part too. oh well.

jz*supra

Jan 14, 2007
Lethbridge, Alberta
No worys. just its funny wen im lookin at my t78 setup and ppl are still sayin wat kit to buy.
I dont see how a t78 is that bad.
Ok it lags, but with launch control ur already building boost, and cams are gona help the spool. as i said before i have never driven anything other than a stock 1jz( xhaust and boost controler). So the turbo lag will just be normal to me. maybe a smaller turbo would make it faster, but i want sumtin that can put down over 600 hp at the wheels. The price was also right. Nearly 2000 buks cheaper than a gt4088....

Honestly what would you pick. I dont feel the need to spend 2000 buks for my turbo to spool maybe 500 rpm sooner. i can invest that 2000 else were to compensate for the turbo lag.

But thanks for your input!

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
jz*supra said:
No worys. just its funny wen im lookin at my t78 setup and ppl are still sayin wat kit to buy.
I dont see how a t78 is that bad.
Ok it lags, but with launch control ur already building boost, and cams are gona help the spool. as i said before i have never driven anything other than a stock 1jz( xhaust and boost controler). So the turbo lag will just be normal to me. maybe a smaller turbo would make it faster, but i want sumtin that can put down over 600 hp at the wheels. The price was also right. Nearly 2000 buks cheaper than a gt4088....

Honestly what would you pick. I dont feel the need to spend 2000 buks for my turbo to spool maybe 500 rpm sooner. i can invest that 2000 else were to compensate for the turbo lag.

But thanks for your input!

A GT4088 is $800. You must be pricing the 4088R.
But 500 rpm is not a big deal on a 1J, we at least agree on something today :)