HELP ME IF YOU CAN! Kinda lost!

Supra unTamED

Mar 24, 2008
S.F
On my 7mgte right now I'm running a gt4088 ,FIC 1000cc, Aeromotive Stealth 340, AEM 3.5 sensor, .40 pistons, 2mm. mhg ,front face intake manifold, Q45 TB, 3in intercooler and piping all the way around wit no cats. It ran 413hp on the dyno.

I recently change the cps sensor(brand new) ran two more grounds and rewired the cam/crank senors harness. I also tried 2 different sets of spark plugs. Only thing I haven't change is the coils/pack and the wiring harness.

The problem I'm having is the drivability, it idles good then right around 3000-3200rpm there is a sputter also does it at 5800-6000rpm and the car starts to lean out.any idea on what it might be?

Thanks for you help.....

Supra unTamED

Mar 24, 2008
S.F
p1829871_1.jpg

p1829871_2.jpg

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
IIRC 3k is where the fuel pump relay clicks over to 12volts so that could be your stumble. The fuel pump might not be big enough to feed those huge 1000cc injectors at higher rpms.

Supra unTamED

Mar 24, 2008
S.F
hvyman;1829901 said:
Did you do the 12v mod tho?
No i didnt can you explain how it is done. To my knowledge ive been getting enough volt. i feel like it could be a spark problem or a short in the harness some where.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
this is a common 3000 rpm aem stutter. i think it is in the multiplex ignition crap. i also thinik it is how the cps is installed when at TDC makes a difference. i got best results when at TDC install the cps so the spinner is about 1/4 inch past the top sensor pole. you may need to set Ignition sync to about 9 to 11 with that installation. IG sync is how aem sets timing. you will have to reset your timing if you move the cps.

First try changing coil dwell. try 9 to 30 in increments of 2. 11 may work or 30 just try going up and up. i also found this prob was worst at part throttle.

the best way to stop this is by getting a ignitor to replace the multiplex crap. i installed a 3 chanel ignitor and made the changes to the aem cal and set timing and the car runs much better. rpm works oem. if you have a aem the ignitor mod is great. i have a PnP ignitor for sale and can change your cal file too. If interested PM me.

Hal