Votes: 14 58.3%
  • smokey granite mica

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
I totally agree Beals, ventilation and dust control is everything... unless you want a shitty paint job

Yeah, I do plan on doing door jams... could care less about the engine bay TBH as long as it runs good, I'm happy

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
89jdm7m;1925520 said:
LOL are you JOKING?!?!?! who said I had $7000 to play with!?!?! I AM poor, just so happens I know enough of the right people or (in this case) randomly stumble across the right people that will help me out at little or no cost to me

and no I don't miss people giving out freebies, I can't hardly recall a time when that ever happened. don't twist my words like that. The only people I know that would do that (give me parts, or help for free) are personal friends, because they know me well enough to know how generous I am.

Color change paint job, wheels, and suspension is quite a chunk of change. Which line of paint are you going with?
BTW, I recently responded to somebody who WTB shims and buckets. I gave him three shims and buckets for free. He paid for shipping and he had it in his hands within week. I'm generous. And he didn't even give me a positive feedback. Thanks a lot.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
Beals;1926202 said:
I use to do autobody, took it in and school became a 1st year.. swithced to electrical better pay and better health. but imo the bodywork is fine at home, paint in a shop. the different between a sterile clean paintbooth and proper airflow/ventilation is night and day to a backyard job. you see every spec of dirt/imperfection in the sun. If your going for the "dirty" look like thats fine but if you don't like how matte black cars look without clear then that pearl will go from dope to a waste of money imo. (and I said pearl bc thats what I'd paint it and seems like majory if others would too) you plan to do the door jams too? if your motors pulled get some cheap spray and varsal clean your engine bay and spray it yourself quickly.

That goes without saying. No one paints in their garage because they like fish eyes.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Suprapowaz!(2);1926477 said:
Color change paint job, wheels, and suspension is quite a chunk of change. Which line of paint are you going with?
BTW, I recently responded to somebody who WTB shims and buckets. I gave him three shims and buckets for free. He paid for shipping and he had it in his hands within week. I'm generous. And he didn't even give me a positive feedback. Thanks a lot.

don't get me wrong, all of that shit is PRICEY but then again, you gotta pay to play. Just keep in mind, my budget for the week is laughable... the most money I spend (aside from on the supra) is on gas I would think... bills obviously take the cake, but the vast majority of the money I make is set aside to get this car right.

But it is nice to know there are people out there that aren't solely concerned with screwing over the next guy to make a buck.

rough estimates though... $7-800 for paint+ body work 1.5k for wheels/tires 2k for suspension... just wait till I go standalone, and start upgrading the drivetrain o_O

I believe I'm pretty set on going with the graphite grey... since my '89 body trim is screwed, IDK what the hell to do with it... so I'll most likely have the rubber stripped off, indentations molded over to make the trim flat, and then painted over... I don't really like the way burgundy looks w/ painted trim... although I love it w/ the unpainted 89 trim.