Help Lsd question

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
I have a 90 turbo auto. I did A manual trans swap an all was fine for a month, now My car acts like the clutch slips. I pulled it out. And the clutch looked fine. Is it possible the lsd is slipping ? Making the car feel like the clutch is slipping? The car only slips when I accelerate quickly. Otherwise it seems normal. I under stand this model has a Torsen lsd? does it have clutch pacs like the older models?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Are you confusing spinning tires and a slipping clutch? A bad LSD will not cause a rise in engine speed without a rise in tire speed.

Last edited:

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Ok Thats what I thought too . I just wanted to be sure. But no there is NO tire spin . right now I couldnt spin wheels on loose gravel in the snow downhill:biglaugh:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
White Zombie;1165290 said:
Ok Thats what I thought too . I just wanted to be sure. But no there is NO tire spin . right now I couldnt spin wheels on loose gravel in the snow downhill::

That is because loose gravel under snow increaes traction in the snow.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Nick M;1165341 said:
That is because loose gravel under snow increaes traction in the snow.

and if you were goin uphill it might help;)

on amore serious note, it sounds like your clutch is slipping, when you replaced it did you get the flywheel resurfaced, and of course no oil or shit on it.