help locate ground wires

1987mk3

Dec 23, 2008
mosinee
have a 87 supra repair manual book but doesn't tell where all the grounds are...does any one have pics of where all the grounds would be located and how many is there?

Last edited:

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
1987mk3;1241289 said:
have a 87 supra repair manual book but doesn't tell where all the grounds are...does any one have pics of where all the grounds would be located and how many is there?

I know there is one on the bottom of the engine block, right above the oil pan. I cannot remember which side it's on though.

there is also one on the exhaust towards the rear of the car. but I'm not sure about this one. I work on several cars and sometimes confuse these things between them.

but i know for sure that there is on next to the oil pan.

hope this helps.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Yes.

Intake side, in front of motor mount. Negative battery cable. Will be behind AC comp if its still installed.

Rear ox head on exhaust side (small ground) On bracket that holds the throttle controls, IIRC.

Ground on the trans Xmember (small ground) Drivers side, just a look going up to the actual trans, run through any of the Xmember bolts.

Ground On Trans bolt on intake side of engine, near starter... 2nd bolt up on intake side. Going near the fuel line junction... ish.

No pics, sorry. HTH

*edit*
Few of them on the block...
Two bundles under the intake, just bolt to the intake plenum.
One from the Coil pack