help i need help on my car title

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
Pretty sure you cant. From what I have heard once it is a salvage title it can never go back to a regular title. I guess it's worth a shot though.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Something along the lines of this..
To convert a Salvage Title to a Regular Title, a HP 106 inspection must be made by the State Highway Patrol. A fee of $50.00 is charged. The HP-105 application for the inspection may be obtained at the State Highway Patrol.
In the State of California a Salvage Title is just that, it exists for a specific reason. A vehicle is assigned a Salvage Title because the car was written off as a loss by the insurance company. There are various reasons which would cause this to happen. A Salvage Title does not always mean that the car was involved in an accident. It may have been a theft recovered vehicle, it may have water damage, it may have been in a fire, these are just some examples of why a vehicle may receive a salvage title. The State of California does not distinguish between different salvage types as some states do. Once the car receives a "branded" title there is no legal way to wash the title in the State of California. The reason for this is to protect the consumer. If there were a way to remove the salvage designation from a vehicle then the purpose of issuing that title in the first place would have been defeated.

Call your DMV.

I bought my DD as a salvage repair without knowing it. Meaning it had be wrecked before and was repaired and the title was converted back to a regular one..

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
Find out why the car was salvaged by the DMV. Fix or get the proper documents to support that the car is in good standing and operational. Schedule a "Salvage Inspection" by the DMV to review the car and documents. IF the car passes the inspection you will be issued a "Salvage rebuilt" or "rebuilt" TITLE that can be plated at the DMV.

At least thats how it goes here in NY. It is not a huge deal I have registered 3 of these cars in my lifetime of automobile ownership.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I heard that you can go to another state and get "title washing" for a fee you can get a clean title, can't remember which states do this, I think it was iowa or Florida or some thing like that, just my two cents