Help going to rain tonight and I cant get driver window up

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ok, So The motor on the driver side clicks when I try to make it go up or down. Its going to rain tonight and all this week. Is there any possible way I can get this window up manually????
PLEASE HELP!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
take door panel off, clean the contacts in the door switch, check to see if window works - no, unplug connector on the window motor, take 12v power to one wire of the motor and ground the other(if goes wrong way switch the wires around) - no put plastic or tarp over your car.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hvyman;1406701 said:
take door panel off, clean the contacts in the door switch, check to see if window works - no, unplug connector on the window motor, take 12v power to one wire of the motor and ground the other(if goes wrong way switch the wires around) - no put plastic or tarp over your car.

This won't harm the motor will it?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
no just make sure its 12v. thats all the switch does. usually if you take the switch apart and clen the contacts they will start working so try that first.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Did the wire thing all it did was spark at the battery, tried both sides (up and down) and nothing. I've tapped up the window and I'm looking at the TSRM right now and its confusing as fuck as how I'm supposed to get this motor out. As I looked at the door and it is seamless and wont split apart for me to get to the motor itself.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
you have to take out the glass and speaker and the it will slide out threw the speaker hole.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hvyman;1406770 said:
you have to take out the glass and speaker and the it will slide out threw the speaker hole.

O fuck yea, that sounds like a shit load of fun...fuck me sideways and call me sally.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
sometimes you can apply power to the motor and tap the motor with a hammer and the moror will run one last time. it is worth a try if you still have the panel off

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
fixitman04;1406823 said:
sometimes you can apply power to the motor and tap the motor with a hammer and the moror will run one last time. it is worth a try if you still have the panel off

I'ma try this in the morning before work, I hope it will work, I've got a ride to work and she is taped up. Also wondering if this will work from autozone, its $54 and they have it in stock at the autozone near me.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...g&navValue=15700046&itemId=46-0&parentId=57-0

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I've found most power motors for windows are in the most inaccessable parts of the door to get to. It helps to have a friend working with you to hold stuff, sight where your hands are going, etc... to get at it. Since you have to slide your hands inside and around the frame to get to a motor, the easiest way to pull them out is at the biggest hole away from the window rails, and that is usually at the speaker. You'll probably have to support the rails as well when you get done loosening the bolts to the motor, and it's much MUCH easier without having to worry about the glass falling inside and shattering inside the door (which I've seen...).

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
SupraMario;1406795 said:
O fuck yea, that sounds like a shit load of fun...fuck me sideways and call me sally.

Its not so bad, I just finished replacing my driver side motor. Get a sharpy pen and outline all the bolts that are adjustable, so you can put them back in the same place. Pretty much you will need to remove all the stop points, roller support, rearview mirror and bracket support. Since the glass is stuck, you will need to squeeze your hand in there and remove two 10mm nut that holds the glass, unless you find a way to raise the glass to exposed the 2 nuts. Remove glass, remove all the screws that holds the regulator and motor. Once all the screws are removed the regulator should slip out from the large hole on the door. Before installing the regulator, clean and regrease with lithium grease. Install in reverse. You don't need to remove the window guide, unless if you want to grease it(recommended).

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
reydio;1406907 said:
Its not so bad, I just finished replacing my driver side motor. Get a sharpy pen and outline all the bolts that are adjustable, so you can put them back in the same place. Pretty much you will need to remove all the stop points, roller support, rearview mirror and bracket support. Since the glass is stuck, you will need to squeeze your hand in there and remove two 10mm nut that holds the glass, unless you find a way to raise the glass to exposed the 2 nuts. Remove glass, remove all the screws that holds the regulator and motor. Once all the screws are removed the regulator should slip out from the large hole on the door. Before installing the regulator, clean and regrease with lithium grease. Install in reverse. You don't need to remove the window guide, unless if you want to grease it(recommended).

I think I'll be taking off the door and laying it down as it sounds a lot easier this way, my biggest worry is the glass getting broken, and it is stuck in the full down mode so yea...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
WesPatt;1407018 said:
Let me know when you're going to work on it and I'll head over to help. I gotz nothing to do

I'm gonna be working on it tues after work up in dickson. So I'll give you a call.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
good info i need to do my Passenger window it is rolled up and wont roll down.

Its kind of a must as my ac doesn't blow cold and i live in arizona